Question on archery and demons. 08/29/2016 01:13 PM CDT
Does anyone happen to know how the 8x enchant requirement to bypass demon auras works with ranged attacks? Does it simply require a combined enchant of at least +40 between bow and arrow?

Why, let the stricken deer go weep, The hart ungallèd play.
For some must watch while some must sleep. So runs the world away.
AIM: GS4Menos
Re: Question on archery and demons. 08/29/2016 01:15 PM CDT
No. The bow doesn't factor at all, as I understand it.

It's all in the arrow. . . (depressing, actually).

Doug
Re: Question on archery and demons. 08/29/2016 01:50 PM CDT
<(depressing, actually)>

Either way, it leads to just finding something else to do for the vast majority of folk that rely on weapons when one does show up. Kind of like when the construct showed up in RR and I had to switch from defending town to dragging/fogging bodies cause the only two characters I had that were high enough level to even think about attacking it were a ranged rogue and a sorcerer.

Esp now that so many use weapons that are either extremely difficult to enchant or cannot be enchanted at all as their main weapon. There can't be that many folk that just happen to have an 8x weapon sitting around in their locker. I know I certainly wouldn't bother getting a weapon enchanted that high (or spend millions to buy one) unless I was actually going to make use of it or sell it for a profit.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Question on archery and demons. 08/30/2016 09:04 AM CDT
Its the arrow, but 8x is for a fresh demon. A warrior needs the weapon enchant, but dispel is an option for the sort of level of character that might take on a demon in other classes.
Re: Question on archery and demons. 08/30/2016 02:43 PM CDT

A mentioned...if there are demons then work in teams making sure each team have multiple that can dispell. No reason to walk away at all.
Re: Question on archery and demons. 08/31/2016 06:35 AM CDT
Eh, my paladin has a perfect 8x T5 flail. People might not have them in their lockers, but a perfect 7x weapon is ideal for most characters, and getting it to 8x is an ideal use of Premium Points for exactly this reason.