Scociety Choice 05/30/2014 04:32 PM CDT
Any preference for a sniper? I'm currently in Sunfist, only rank 3. Do the weighting sigils help a great deal with aiming? More than the AS boost from CoL help? (Not saying CoL helps aiming)

Also I can never find a war camp. Am I just ignorant, or is there a method?

Thanks!
Re: Scociety Choice 05/30/2014 07:13 PM CDT
<Also I can never find a war camp. Am I just ignorant, or is there a method?
Sigil of Location for camps.

<Any preference for a sniper? I'm currently in Sunfist, only rank 3. Do the weighting sigils help a great deal with aiming? More than the AS boost from CoL help? (Not saying CoL helps aiming)

I did life as a Volner. Over 90 trainings worth. I am now post cap and mastered in GoS. As a post capper there's nothing better than always having a hunting ground in your back pocket and no arrow immune critters to worry about. Plus, I despise hunting the rift and Teras holds ZERO appeal to me as well. I converted to Ranged the very day it became available to do so way, way back when and have never regretted that choice. Hunting as a volner was all right as long as you picked your foes carefully. I also have various other archers that are all COL and that works out very well. For archers, and especially snipers, from a purely mechanical and convenience perspective, I would go either GoS or COL. That's just my personal opinion. The higher level you attain the better GoS looks too.

GoS sigils help me a lot. I rarely run the upper ones, but some are very handy when in a jam. And the defensive ones are a large help in swarms for me as well. To me the cost is fairly prohibitive for the one minute duration though. In that regard I much prefer CoL over GoS.

I know this didn't really answer your questions and probably just created more, but it's just my reasoning's for the choices I've made with my characters

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Re: Scociety Choice 05/30/2014 08:03 PM CDT
I'll stick with GoS. I've done CoL many of times. Any advice of actually finding war camps? I have yet to locate one.
Re: Scociety Choice 05/30/2014 08:28 PM CDT
The trick to it is knowing the boundaries for specific hunting zones. As I know it, there can only be one camp per hunting zone. One example is the area where large ogres are along Zorthag's Spine. You can sigil of location from one end of the spine to the other, the underway area off of the spine and the room or two north of where you "go ramp". If you get the messaging for a camp in the area when you sigil of location anywhere along the spine, you know there is one active camp in that hunting zone and searching every room will eventually open a path to the camp. If you go north further than the first room from go ramp or south of where you go road, then you are in other hunting zones and need to search those zones instead of along the Spine.

It comes down to knowing where one zone starts and ends. Zones too close to town may not be capable of having a camp. That I am not sure about.

~Galenok
Re: Scociety Choice 05/30/2014 10:20 PM CDT
That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much.
Re: Scociety Choice 05/30/2014 10:28 PM CDT
One more thing. Will the grimswarm in the war camp be of similar level as the hunting grounds the camp is located in?
Re: Scociety Choice 05/30/2014 10:51 PM CDT
Grimswarm will gen at the level of those hunting the camp. So be careful when you first walk in and be sure to appraise your foes to make sure they are in your level range. If a lvl 100 character is hunting the camp then some of the critters that spawn will be lvl 100. They won't normally attack you unless you attack them first, but if you cast an area effect spell or something then you've just grabbed aggro from critters much higher than you. That's bad.

If you are the only one hunting the camp then they will all be your level, but if someone higher level even steps inside for a minute then it will gen critters their level. I don't remember how long it takes for them to despawn after the higher lvl person leaves, 10 or 20 minutes? But, I'm not sure if everyone has to leave for them to despawn, or just the higher lvl character.