Returning Ammo While Hiding 10/08/2013 07:18 AM CDT
Here's a little problem that can be quite a nuisance for snipers, especially those who use CMAN MFIRE (in other words, just me). Returning un-fired ammo to your quiver always brings you out of hiding. I can draw any number of arrows and stay hidden, but I can't put them back. This becomes an issue when one or more of my targets die or leave after I've drawn multiple arrows, but before I fire. You can't fire normally with a bundle of arrows in hand, so it's necessary to return them to the quiver. This can't be done while hiding.

>hide
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
HR>take 3 arrow from my quiv
You reach for a bundle of faewood arrows and remove 3 of them.
H>cman mfire
You nock an arrow in your hunting longbow and pull it back while scanning the room for targets. Finding none, you return the arrow to your bundle.
H>put my arrows in my arrows in my quiver
You come out of hiding.
You bundle some faewood arrows together.

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Returning Ammo While Hiding 10/08/2013 09:28 PM CDT
Rogues can put items in containers without leaving hiding.... just saying.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Returning Ammo While Hiding 10/09/2013 07:47 AM CDT
<<<Rogues can put items in containers without leaving hiding.... just saying.>>>

:p

~ Heathyr

PS: Does that work with bundles, as in, "put my arrow in my arrows in my quiver"? Just curious.
Re: Returning Ammo While Hiding 10/09/2013 07:53 AM CDT
It ought to, since stealth kneel is for the benefit of crossbow snipers, but I've never tried.