Source of +15 arrowheads? 02/25/2013 12:10 PM CST
All,

Is there a source of +15 arrowheads available anywhere off the shelf? I assume these would be mithglin, as glaes would be oddly heavy, but regardless: any available? I searched Nilandia's site and didn't see any +15 arrowheads available anywhere, and Ta'Illistim doesn't have a fletcher at all.

Yes, I know I could use a +15 wood instead, and may do that... but looking at options to craft some properly stylish arrows for my archer.

Thanks
Re: Source of +15 arrowheads? 02/26/2013 03:50 AM CST
Hmm...I can't say off the top of my head if there are +15 arrowheads. But I have some ideas for you.

You could use +15 wood and still use some fancy arrowheads. The bonuses won't stack; your final enchant will be whatever the highest material is (added to your +5 mastery bonus). But you'll get the enchant you want plus stylish arrowheads.

Here's something worth noting, however. If you want to use both arrowheads and visible fletchings, you might be prone to the "anturn" bug. The anturn bug looks like this:

You remove anturn faewood bolt fletched with gold-swept red feathers and tipped with a drakar spiral cap from in your orange sack.

For some reason, certain combinations of fletched ammo result in this "anturn" bug. It's a royal pain and severely limits the possible types of ammo you can produce. It seems to happen most often when combining arrowheads (or caps) with visible fletchings, without painting or cresting the shaft. My usual solution is to crest the shaft and use either an arrowhead OR nice fletchings. Such as...

"a strawberry banded faewood arrow tipped with a drakar tri-bladed arrowhead"

[By the way, I'd pay good silver to find a few more of those strawberry paintsticks. Anybody have some?]

Of course you could go crazy and add all the decoration you want, but then you'll wind up with short descriptions and long shows, which may not be what you're after. I personally like to make fancy, long-description arrows that clutter up rooms to the point of being utterly unreadable while I'm hunting. Oh yeah.

[I'm kidding. It's an unfortunate side-effect, but I still like my fancy arrows, anyway.]

Anyway, something to consider. :)

~ Heathyr and friends

PS: I know this "anturn" bug was recently brought back to the attention of a couple GMs. Any word on that?
Re: Source of +15 arrowheads? 02/26/2013 02:57 PM CST
Hi Heathyr,

Thank for the info. I'm aware I could use the +15 wood and fancy arrowheads, but wanted to explore my options for how I make the +15 blessable arrows (+20 master fletched).

I did some reading into the anturn bug and no word of it being fixed, but if it only happens with visible fletchings, I don't think it's a factor for what I'm planning, which is a wood + arrowhead combination, and generic (non-visible) fletchings. I figure that if an arrow is flying out of the shadows, you're going to pay more attention to the business end, and if you're the target, it will be the last thing you see.

Thanks,

player of a stylish gnomish archer.
Re: Source of +15 arrowheads? 02/26/2013 04:11 PM CST
<<<I did some reading into the anturn bug and no word of it being fixed, but if it only happens with visible fletchings, I don't think it's a factor for what I'm planning, which is a wood + arrowhead combination, and generic (non-visible) fletchings. I figure that if an arrow is flying out of the shadows, you're going to pay more attention to the business end, and if you're the target, it will be the last thing you see.>>>

Give it a try the way you want and see if it works. If not, painting or adding a crest should do the trick.

It's a shame we can't enchant a bundle of arrowheads...

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Source of +15 arrowheads? 03/09/2013 04:29 PM CST

It's a shame we can't enchant a bundle of arrowheads...

There are now enhansive bows, fusion bows.