Arcane Blast/1700 08/10/2016 10:24 AM CDT
I don't recall whether I said it when it was released, but my feeling is that any profession that has a Spell Circle named after them, should have access to Arcane Blast.
To include, specifically, the Monks and the Rangers and the Paladins and the Bards.

Failing that, is there a way--Treasure Trinket, SimuCoin Store, or Alchemy Anomaly--to provide access to that spell on a limited basis? (6-use 30-minute charm, or 30-day potion, say...)
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/10/2016 11:44 AM CDT
KRAKII
I don't recall whether I said it when it was released, but my feeling is that any profession that has a Spell Circle named after them, should have access to Arcane Blast.
To include, specifically, the Monks and the Rangers and the Paladins and the Bards.
Failing that, is there a way--Treasure Trinket, SimuCoin Store, or Alchemy Anomaly--to provide access to that spell on a limited basis? (6-use 30-minute charm, or 30-day potion, say...)

The spell was specifically designed as a method to allow Pures to actually level as a spell caster instead of having to rely on physical attacks once their mana runs out. While Semis and Squares can create mutant caster builds, they have more effective (than 1700) physical attacks they can fall back on when the need arises.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/10/2016 02:35 PM CDT
I can get behind that, even I won't agree with it. :)

(Although I'll note that changing to three Attack Skill setups [one for Weapons, one for Aimed Spells, and one for Warding Spells], as I've suggested several times, would allow for precision in design...)

Then, any possibility of such creations as in my second bullet point? Treasure drop, Store, or Alchemy?
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/11/2016 08:39 AM CDT
Wouldn't iron/silver wands be more effective? Or are you thinking in a no MIU to active sort of way?
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/11/2016 09:06 AM CDT
I'm thinking in a "use warding spells" sort of way, which makes bolting wands such as those quite a bit less desirable.

(Also the whole "needing to train in another skill", since Aimed Spells skill is required to try and actually hit something. Warding 'just happens' from level and stats.)

"All Pures (Wizards, Clerics, Empaths, Sorcerers, and Savants) will have innate knowledge of this spell" -- Estild's announcement

Fine.

Can the semis have NON-innate knowledge of the spell, and be able to train it? (That is to say, spend one [1] Spell Research to learn 1700.)
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/11/2016 11:21 AM CDT
Oh, right, I usually have been using it as the alternative to warding spells otherwise (Sorcerer and Cleric using it this summer). In that case, aren't twisted wands better? They have a similar (the same?) determination for CS.

I don't know how imbedding would actually work, but I do know that the Sprite at the festival with the carvings had 1700 on his imbeddable list.
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/11/2016 12:44 PM CDT
Wands lose out to Arcane Blast, because ammunition. (Both 'weight' and the 'running out' factor.) 0 mana that has a time cost beats that going away.

Wands also cannot trigger a runestaff, unless I'm mis-informed.
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/12/2016 05:32 PM CDT
Ohhhh, are you wanting to do this with a sonic runestaff? Is that your evil plan? :D
Re: Arcane Blast/1700 08/13/2016 02:42 PM CDT
Could be... :)