Arcane Blast Suggestion 03/30/2015 07:01 PM CDT
It being new and all, and not knowing all the ins and outs, my first thought was this...

What if it had a higher damage factor at lower levels to make it comparable to melee options for speed, and gradually scaled down in power as pure gained a mana pool that could support hunting with other spells.

It may have this functionality already and we haven't learned that yet though testing, but if not, it would make a nice change if suggestions were being taken.
Re: Arcane Blast Suggestion 03/30/2015 07:10 PM CDT
THYSON
It being new and all, and not knowing all the ins and outs, my first thought was this...
What if it had a higher damage factor at lower levels to make it comparable to melee options for speed, and gradually scaled down in power as pure gained a mana pool that could support hunting with other spells.
It may have this functionality already and we haven't learned that yet though testing, but if not, it would make a nice change if suggestions were being taken.

The bolt version matches the damage factor of Minor Shock (901) and the warding version matches the damage formula of Force Orb (1201), both of which are very low. However, for a 0 mana attack, it's more than sufficient. I realize that a claidhmore can still be superior in speed efficiency for killing, but not everyone is after that when playing their character. There are many people who will prefer Arcane Blast (1700) even if it is slower since it allows them to play their character as they want - a caster.

GameMaster Estild