Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 09:58 AM CDT
My arcane barrier blocks spells level 11 and lower. I'm having trouble when what I'm trying to kill goes into hiding and I want to ewave or quake it out. Instead of casting at the thing, I have to do an open cast, and that is reacting with my arcane barrier and it is blocking the spells (I can post a log if needed later tonight). I bugged it in game, but I'm wondering if anyone knows an alternate command that would work around this problem.
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 11:39 AM CDT
Can you cast at a room prop [a tree, a door, et cetera] or a piece of equipment on the ground/disk floating behind you?

(I honestly do not recall if you must have a character- or creature-target for those particular spells.)
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 11:53 AM CDT

I can't log in until later, but disk is a good idea. Anyone in game to try it?
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 12:04 PM CDT
Can you cast at a room prop [a tree, a door, et cetera] or a piece of equipment on the ground/disk floating behind you?

(I honestly do not recall if you must have a character- or creature-target for those particular spells.)

I am pretty certain you do not need a target to cast them. What I am uncertain of is whether you can target anything with them. I would assume so, but why would an open cast of the spell inhibit the caster from casting it, when a targeted one would not? It isn't like you are e-waving/quaking yourself.

Also, I have just thought of it, are you using PREP/CAST, or INCANT? If you are using the PREP/CAST method, that might be the problem. Try using INCANT instead.

--Zizzle
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 12:07 PM CDT
>Also, I have just thought of it, are you using PREP/CAST, or INCANT? If you are using the PREP/CAST method, that might be the problem. Try using INCANT instead.

I use incant, but then it can't find the target and leaves the spell prepped, so I open cast.
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 02:43 PM CDT
Try clearing the target. I think what is happening is you still have the creature targeted when it hides and when you incant the target is still set, but not visible. Thus it cannot find what you have in your target. Clearing it prior to your cast/incant may help.

--Zizzle
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 02:49 PM CDT
>Try clearing the target. I think what is happening is you still have the creature targeted when it hides and when you incant the target is still set, but not visible. Thus it cannot find what you have in your target. Clearing it prior to your cast/incant may help.

I don't think this is the problem at all, I think the problem is that I'm casting at myself and the arcane barrier is blocking it. When the spell wears off I can do everything just fine.
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 05:41 PM CDT

I don't think this is the problem at all, I think the problem is that I'm casting at myself and the arcane barrier is blocking it. When the spell wears off I can do everything just fine.

Yes.

Next time, as a work around, cast at a container you're wearing and it should work without a problem. Just fyi, you can't cast at floating disks.

Dgry
Re: Arcane barrier and quake/ewave 04/26/2013 06:21 PM CDT

>Next time, as a work around, cast at a container you're wearing and it should work without a problem. Just fyi, you can't cast at floating disks.

great, thanks Dgry