Problem with 509 07/18/2012 01:55 PM CDT
Wasn't sure where else to put this, but:

Lately my empath has been having a weird error with 509 (strength). She keeps getting the message 'You feel your strength departing' regardless of whether or not she has 509 on her. It can happen as often as every 5 minutes to every hour or so. If she does in fact have strength on her, regardless of how much time is remaining on it, it causes the spell to fall off.

Similarly though far less frequently she has also been receiving the message for a sanctuary being dispelled, again regardless of whether or not one is in place, there are any critters in the room capable of dispelling it, or whether she cast it or not. This all started after her run through the Asyl-er-Academy of Turamzzyrian, though whether or not that was the cause isn't certain.

~Niadja
Re: Problem with 509 07/18/2012 04:42 PM CDT

>Wasn't sure where else to put this, but:

509 is a major elemental spell. Probably that folder.
Re: Problem with 509 07/18/2012 09:04 PM CDT
>> 509 is a major elemental spell. Probably that folder

I would have, only for reasons I haven't been able to figure out that spell circle doesn't show a folder in this topic, even if I change my settings to View All.

~Niadja
Re: Problem with 509 07/18/2012 09:43 PM CDT

because it's in the wizard folder :)
Re: Problem with 509 07/19/2012 04:38 PM CDT
Doh ... that would do it! Thanks :) Fortunately after a number of days the problem seems to have disappeared, but at least I'll know where to post if it should resurface.

~Niadja
Re: Problem with 509 07/19/2012 05:13 PM CDT
Strangely, I seem to have the same issue, but not nearly as frequently. I'll have a full wizard spellup, but one or twice my strength spell has dropped suddenly. I've yet to be able to see why, and nothing I hunt has dispelled me.

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Problem with 509 07/19/2012 05:25 PM CDT
What specifically have you been hunting? There are a couple creatures that impart a psuedo strength bonus ehen you dodge their manuevrr attack. When that bonus wears off it has the same exact messaging as 508to dropping.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Problem with 509 07/19/2012 07:25 PM CDT
What specifically have you been hunting? There are a couple creatures that impart a psuedo strength bonus ehen you dodge their manuevrr attack. When that bonus wears off it has the same exact messaging as 508to dropping.

This.

You guys are probably hunting bears or cats. Dodging their maneuvers will give you the message "You feel your extra strength departing" when their temporary buff drops after about 30 seconds of you having a great success.

Dgry
Re: Problem with 509 07/19/2012 08:06 PM CDT
Hm. I'll keep an eye out and see if that might be the issue.

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Problem with 509 07/19/2012 08:23 PM CDT
>> There are a couple creatures that impart a psuedo strength bonus ehen you dodge their manuevrr attack.

>> You guys are probably hunting bears or cats. Dodging their maneuvers will give you the message "You feel your extra strength departing" when their temporary buff drops after about 30 seconds of you having a great success.

Now that you mention it, yes I was hunting cats at the time. Next time it happens I'll have a wizard cast 405 on me and see if the spell is actually still there. Thanks for the heads' up, I'll bet that's exactly what is happening.

~Niadja
Re: Problem with 509 07/20/2012 12:20 AM CDT
<< Next time it happens I'll have a wizard cast 405 on me and see if the spell is actually still there.

"Spell active" should also work, but pretty sure it is the temporary boost from a really good defense roll on the manuever.