What ability do rodents have? 05/08/2017 02:00 PM CDT
Can someone please enlighten me? What benefits are there to choosing a rodent AC over a canine, feline or avian critter? Birds can send messages and canines/felines can drag you in a time of need. Rodents, near as I can tell, have no unique ability though. What am I missing?
Re: What ability do rodents have? 05/08/2017 02:06 PM CDT

You can pick them up and hurl them at your opponent! FUR MISSILE!

Okay, not really. I'm curious on this, too
Re: What ability do rodents have? 05/08/2017 02:24 PM CDT
Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!
Re: What ability do rodents have? 05/08/2017 07:20 PM CDT
They're more likely to hit more critical areas when attacking. All well and good except the others have good utility rodents are lacking.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: What ability do rodents have? 05/08/2017 08:50 PM CDT
As Keith said, their special attack is a slash maneuver to the head/neck/eyes, which often does critical damage. They can't drag or deliver messages, but they can nudge things. See here: http://drfuturepast.com/GSIV/GECP/

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: What ability do rodents have? 05/09/2017 07:39 AM CDT
Thanks folks. Rodent-AC hates my ranger due to some abandonment issues. I was beginning to wonder if the low affinity impaired any special utility. Rodent-AC is pretty scrappy in the field though!

It would be neat if rodents could FORAGE items for us or would DIG out buried bodies upon death.
Re: What ability do rodents have? 05/09/2017 06:22 PM CDT
Your companions do things other than stare hungrily?

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: What ability do rodents have? 05/10/2017 11:22 AM CDT
> Your companions do things other than stare hungrily?

Hah. I take great delight in dropping an entire backpack of food and letting it go to town as my ranger rests. I hope to get it altered into a rotund [rodent] someday.