Companion Affinity 02/17/2016 02:14 PM CST
It's been said before that affinity takes a hit if you don't dismiss your pet before logging off. Has this been fixed? If not, what if you get booted from the game does your affinity not get saved?
Re: Companion Affinity 02/18/2016 01:38 PM CST

As far as I know, this has never been fixed. Once you're fully bonded to your companion, it's safe to leave them out when you log out (though you should dismiss them and bring them back when you level), but if you're still bonding then you lose all your progress.

Also, if you give your companion a collar or anything, you should make sure to tell them to leave before logging out because otherwise that will be lost too.

Yeah, it's silly.
Re: Companion Affinity 02/18/2016 06:11 PM CST
What are the odds of fixing that collar thing? Sounds like a bummer, and I really wanted to get one.
Re: Companion Affinity 02/19/2016 07:39 AM CST
There's no problem as long as you tell your companion to leave before logging out after you've made changes. I was told that telling your companion to leave "saves" your companion's state so that when you bring them back after sending them away, they'll be as they last were. If you log out without sending them away first, they don't get "saved" and lose whatever changes were made since the last time you called them out.

So if you get a collar, just put it on your companion, tell them to leave and bring them back. They should still have the collar on.
Re: Companion Affinity 01/16/2017 12:13 PM CST

Does anyone have or know where I can get a list of all the verbs that work on the companions? Working on a script so I don't keep forgetting to interact with my companion.
Re: Companion Affinity 01/16/2017 01:26 PM CST
>> Does anyone have or know where I can get a list of all the verbs that work on the companions?

If you type "TELL COMPANION TO" it gives you an excellent start:

>tell comp to
Usage: TELL COMPANION TO <action>
ATTACK <player|creature>
SIT
STAY
SLEEP
WANDER
RETURN
FEED
LEAVE
SCOUT
CEASE
TRACK <player>
NUDGE <object> <direction> (Non-Avian Only)
MESSAGE <player> <message> (Avian Only)
DRAG <player> <direction> (Canine & Feline Only)
GUARD
STAND
FLY (Avian only)
LAND (Avian only)

After suitably getting to know your companion, make sure you befriend them.
Snacks and affection are always a good way to earn the trust of a companion whether they be an animal, boyfriend or girlfriend.

>> Working on a script so I don't keep forgetting to interact with my companion.

If you are simply trying to improve your relationship with them you can simply pick a quiet place and sit with them for a day or three.

If you are already at the max affinity level then there isn't any requirements that I am aware of that you need to do anything else. But they are a lot of fun! Not sure that a script will help with the fun part at all though.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Companion Affinity 01/16/2017 01:40 PM CST

Affinity as mentioned isnt something that needs kept up. Feeding him play with them pet them....make it part of the rp and before you realize it you will have it maxed out. Its not something that needs completed in one day. Make it part of the character.
Re: Companion Affinity 01/16/2017 03:56 PM CST
Thank you both. I'm just working on getting the affinity maxed out so I don't have to worry about losing any data if I keep forgetting to dismiss and call him back. My companion is fully apart of my RP. I know the commands on making it do things but I wasn't sure outside of hug, smooch, scratch and pull the companion as far as interactions.
Re: Companion Affinity 03/07/2017 07:31 PM CST
It's been a couple months since this posted but I'm just reading it today.

Have you found other good verbs for companion interaction?

There is rub, pet, and lean which gives different messages depending on if you're standing or sitting.

If you found other good ones let us know.
Re: Companion Affinity 03/07/2017 09:33 PM CST
Push, pull, hug, scratch.

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Companion Affinity 03/07/2017 11:38 PM CST

Play, which gives different messaging depending on whether you have a toy in your hand, or not.

~EC