Companion Search 02/02/2016 05:58 AM CST

My curhound had an interesting issue last night. I told him to sleep. Awhile later, I told him to stand. A person was invisible in the room. The curhound immediately on standing, searched and found him in invisibility. This person recast invisibility about 15 or so times. Each time the curhound searched him out.

First, I have had the curhound spot hiders before, from time to time. Rare. We do not have an means to tell the companions to search. I think we should definetly get a tell companion search command. But also it should search when we search perhaps.

I was in stance guarded, demeanor cold. He would not stop finding the person going invisible. Other than perhaps the guy stepped in rolton dung. I have no reason for why the companion went into this mode.

Aurach
Re: Companion Search 02/02/2016 10:17 AM CST

Ok, after testing with several rangers and companions. The companions will go into a search mode continuously after being told to sleep, and then stand. I will be trying this on Bandits here shortly. We did testing with a hidden person, companion in search mode. hider moved a room. Ranger and companion moved a room, and companion was still in search mode and searched him out.

Might be of help to your rangers and groups.

Aurach