Eh? 03/27/2015 02:29 PM CDT
Hunting bandits with my cougar. He's following me in attack mode... Got jumped, overshot the room, had to double back, and he... left? I'm thinking that's the messaging for when a stunned player logs and the 'enraged' critter is going to wait for them, or is it something else?

[Northern Mountains, Pine Forest]
A stand of hemlock trees mix with the other conifers, adding the gnarled silhouette of their branches to that of the pines. Wind moves the limbs in a lazy dance, occasionally launching puffs of snow from them with a heavy gust. The trail begins a gentle descent to the north, where vestiges of ground fog cluster and creep through the tree trunks.
Obvious paths: north, southwest
Your tawny golden cougar followed.
You spy a carefully concealed pit on the path just inches ahead of you!
A halfling highwayman quickly approaches!
A human marauder quickly approaches!
A halfling highwayman quickly approaches!
>ne
The silence of the pines is gently broken by snatches of bird song and an occasional rustle in the underbrush. A thin sound of wind whistling through branches adds to the chorale, the gusts heavily laden with the rich loamy scent of the forest. The path curves around a thick growth of rhododendron that edges the trail on its western shoulder. You also see an icy trail.
Obvious paths: northeast
>
A stand of hemlock trees mix with the other conifers, adding the gnarled silhouette of their branches to that of the pines. Wind moves the limbs in a lazy dance, occasionally launching puffs of snow from them with a heavy gust. The trail begins a gentle descent to the north, where vestiges of ground fog cluster and creep through the tree trunks. You also see a halfling highwayman, a human marauder and a halfling highwayman.
>
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the halfling highwayman!
>
A human marauder pulls out a small statue and rubs it!
A faint silvery glow surrounds a human marauder.
>incant 619
You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Mass Calm spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a halfling highwayman.
[Spell Hindrance for some forest green brigandine is 6% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 6]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
[Roll result: 131 (open d100: 62)]
A halfling highwayman feints to the right, and you spot the ruse too late as you twist awkwardly to block the blow that never came!

Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar goes off in search of his vanished foe!

>
A halfling highwayman pulls out a white crystal and rubs it!
A halfling highwayman looks considerably more imposing.
>
A human marauder swings a war hammer at you!
AS: +406 vs DS: +564 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +25 = -107
A clean miss.
>
incant 619
...wait 1 seconds.
>
incant 619
You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Mass Calm spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a halfling highwayman.
A calm washes over a halfling highwayman.
A calm washes over a human marauder.
A calm washes over a halfling highwayman.
>l
>
A stand of hemlock trees mix with the other conifers, adding the gnarled silhouette of their branches to that of the pines. Wind moves the limbs in a lazy dance, occasionally launching puffs of snow from them with a heavy gust. The trail begins a gentle descent to the north, where vestiges of ground fog cluster and creep through the tree trunks. You also see a halfling highwayman that appears rather calm, a human marauder that appears rather calm and a halfling highwayman that appears rather calm.
>
A human marauder blinks calmly.
>'What the heck?
You ask, "What the heck?"
>
A halfling highwayman gazes about languidly.
>
A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar trots in and looks up at you dutifully.
>hide
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings, and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
Re: Eh? 03/27/2015 07:22 PM CDT
Aaaand additional oddness... This time hunting bandits with Kir's husband Malisai and the cougar. Again, the companion is in attack mode. This time because I'd previously been stunned. Malisai's working on bonding one of them new Nerve Staves, so we were just disabling bandits and letting him plink at them for more casts. So I'm trying to turn the companion 'off' and put him back in follow mode. Highly edited, mostly just Malisai casting because it would be really long, but this is the jist. At no point during any of the bellow was I ever stunned, disabled, seriously injured, anything that should have triggered an auto attack. Am i missing something stupid?

A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar charges forward and slashes his claws at a giantman mugger faster than he can react!
... 20 points of damage!
Powerful slash just cracks the giantman mugger's weapon arm!
The calmed look leaves a giantman mugger.
>'all yours
You say, "All yours."
>l
>
[Northern Mountains, Bluff]
The trees open into a clearing bound on one side by a fallen log. The tree trunk's wood is rotted in parts, and coated with thick moss and snow elsewhere. It points away from the thick stands of pines, as if gesturing to the south where the ground disappears, dropping into a sheer cliff of granite that shelters a pool nestled at its feet. You also see a grizzly bear that appears rather calm, a giantman highwayman, a human brigand that appears stunned, a blue-eyed tawny golden cougar, a tall amber grik'mlar, a human brigand that appears stunned and a giantman mugger that appears stunned.
Also here: Malisai
Obvious paths: northeast, down
>
[Roll result: 97 (open d100: 33)]
A giantman highwayman feints to the right, and you almost buy the ruse, but you recover just in time.

Roundtime: 2 sec.
>

>tell comp to return <<Typically how I turn 'off' things and switch him back to follow mode>>

>
Your companion glances at you with a worried look in his eyes -- almost as if questioning your mental faculties.

>incant 619
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a giantman mugger.
A calm washes over a giantman highwayman.
A calm washes over a human brigand.
A calm washes over a human brigand.
A calm washes over a giantman mugger.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

>
A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar slashes his claws at a human brigand, but they pass through nothing but air. <<Clearly he didn't go back to follow mode>>

>tell comp to return
Your companion glances at you with a worried look in his eyes -- almost as if questioning your mental faculties. <<Let's try it again>>

[Roll result: 107 (open d100: 67)]
A human brigand springs upon you from behind and attempts to slit your throat with his broadsword! <<This it the ONLY thing that happened to me, and it should not have retrigged attack mode>>

A human brigand's aim is slightly off and he only manages to inflict a minor flesh wound upon you!
... 1 point of damage!

Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar slashes his claws at a human brigand, but they pass through nothing but air. <<Clearly still not working>>
>
A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar slashes his claws at a human brigand, but they pass through nothing but air.
>
A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar charges forward and slashes his claws at a human brigand faster than he can react!
... 25 points of damage!
Quick, powerful slash to the human brigand's left knee!
It is knocked to the ground!
The human brigand is stunned!
>
Malisai traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
Malisai gestures at a human brigand.
CS: +535 - TD: +416 + CvA: -10 + d100: +58 == +167
Warding failed!
Blood gushes from the brigand's neck!
>tell comp to cease

You feel outward to your companion and impress upon him your desire that he cease his current endeavor. <<Ok, this should definitely turn it off>>

>tell comp to return
Your companion glances at you with a worried look in his eyes -- almost as if questioning your mental faculties. <<And to put him back in follow mode>>

A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar charges forward and slashes his claws at a human brigand faster than he can react! <<Errr. At no point was I stunned, injured, disabled, anything that should have tripped attack mode back on>>
... 15 points of damage!
Slash to the human brigand's chest!
Breathe deep, it'll feel better in a minute.
Re: Eh? 03/27/2015 07:38 PM CDT
>>A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar goes off in search of his vanished foe!

Yes, it looks like your cougar got confused for a moment and thought it was attacking a player who had left during a stun. If you'd like to email me more of the log, I can look into why this happened.

>>>tell comp to return <<Typically how I turn 'off' things and switch him back to follow mode>>

With the new auto-attack ability, when you've told your companion to attack, there is a three minute window after your last kill where if you target another creature, your companion will begin attacking it. Telling the companion to CEASE will stop the auto-attack mode.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Eh? 03/27/2015 08:13 PM CDT
Unfortunately I don't regularly log things, so I don't have any more of it saved. But it was just the two of us hunting bandits. Had not interacted with any player characters, other than possibly somebody walking past while we were hunting. Certainly hadn't seen anyone stunned.

At the end of the second log, you will see that I did tell him to CEASE. After the RT for that ran out, I told him to RETURN to get him back in follow mode so he'd come with us when we left and not just stand there like an idiot. He promptly attacked a brigand. Nothing else happened to me or him between those actions, re-pasted below.

>tell comp to cease

You feel outward to your companion and impress upon him your desire that he cease his current endeavor.

>tell comp to return
Your companion glances at you with a worried look in his eyes -- almost as if questioning your mental faculties.

A blue-eyed tawny golden cougar charges forward and slashes his claws at a human brigand faster than he can react!
... 15 points of damage!
Slash to the human brigand's chest!
Breathe deep, it'll feel better in a minute.
Re: Eh? 03/27/2015 09:50 PM CDT
>>At the end of the second log, you will see that I did tell him to CEASE. After the RT for that ran out, I told him to RETURN to get him back in follow mode so he'd come with us when we left and not just stand there like an idiot. He promptly attacked a brigand. Nothing else happened to me or him between those actions, re-pasted below.

The cease command should be working more immediately now.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom