Companions moving as if joined. 02/26/2015 04:57 AM CST

Just woke up, normally my hound sorta follows along at his own pace, a room or so behind. This morning the hound is simply right up my arse, moves instantly when I do. Rather sad, I liked the cavalier approach he had..

I see it was announced it is an update, oh well.

Now if they could update how frequently the companions act hungry:) I mean I cannot tell you how old it gets having non-rangers tell me my hound is hungry.

aurach

John mind behind
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 02/26/2015 05:04 AM CST

Well, dogs are always hungry
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 02/26/2015 05:38 AM CST

Companions hunger messaging has been broke since inception.
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 02/26/2015 08:12 AM CST

There was a little talk last year about potential companion messenging changes but it kind of went quiet. I always agreed that the hunger message is annoying and i still love to see different sets of messages based on the rangers demeanor settings for individual race etc since animals would feed of the rangers energy towards others.

As for the group movement it just feels odd but i do like it. Also first warcamp last night post attack changes and i have to say it was nice. Love the changes.
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 02/26/2015 08:23 AM CST

companions should also have demeanor change towards anyone that attacked them, and that should remain
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 02/26/2015 09:39 AM CST

Falling behind, your dusky curhound refuses to follow.

While moving to landing from Illistim.

never seen this before
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 02/26/2015 10:04 AM CST

That is part of the companion new grouped mechanics and rooms they cant go. In the landing i noticed it first at voln in the silent trail. I tested it a few times like going to a table.
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 03/01/2015 07:41 AM CST
>Falling behind, your dusky curhound refuses to follow.

It can happen if you're moving through rooms too quickly. I noticed my tiger doing this a bit (though usually only if I'm moving openly and manually). They still catch up and saunter in as normal (or whatever your companion did before the grouping, mine saunters).
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 03/02/2015 10:52 AM CST
I got my first companion ever last night. From the perspective of someone brand new to the system, I love that she follows me immediately. Those times when I move and she doesn't sends a wave of panic through me!

That said, I can feel for those that like the RP aspect of a companion that might take their time. A Companion Autofollow flag would be a good idea (mine would be set to on for now, certainly!)

cheers,

Briarleaf

---
The player is new, the account is ancient. Quillian has retired, but his offspring continue the good fight!
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 03/02/2015 12:01 PM CST

Congrats on your companion. What did you decide on?
Re: Companions moving as if joined. 03/02/2015 12:04 PM CST
Black-legged pure white fennec. Her color combo was not easy, but I found her!

Thank you to those who came with me to keep the mean critters at bay while I called her!!

Briar

---
The player is new, the account is ancient. Quillian has retired, but his offspring continue the good fight!