Companion Reset 02/25/2015 11:01 AM CST

I recently purchased and used a companions reset potion from the simucoin store. I've been having trouble keeping a newly summoned companion now. I've tried twice. Prep 630, summon (animal). Gaze animal..also feed and pet.

Then 5 minutes later it disappears and I go into that cooling period as if I dismissed them.

Am I missing a step?
Re: Companion Reset 02/25/2015 11:32 AM CST
From the website:

http://www.play.net/gs4/info/spells/animal_companion.asp

Acquiring Your Companion
1. If you have been lucky enough to get a companion to come when you requested it, then you will have to bond with it. To do that you have to show it affection like any other animal in order to gain its trust. How this is done is fairly simple but is left for the adventurer to discover.
2. After a short time if you don't bond with the companion it will leave you and you will be penalized for some time. Do not fret as this is not permanent and you can attempt to gain the trust of another in a short while.
3. If you feel that you have gained its trust, its advisable to try and befriend it. BEFRIEND <companion noun> will bond you and the companion together such that the link between the two of you is nye unto unbreakable.
4. This is a bond that will rise and fall; you can't neglect your companion and expect it to be there for you when you are down on your luck. Treat your companion well and he/she will serve well.

The step I believe you are missing is BEFREINDing the companion.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Companion Reset 02/25/2015 11:33 AM CST
Also, unlike me, you'll want to spell BEFRIEND right.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Companion Reset 02/25/2015 07:11 PM CST

That was the step I was missing. Thank you.