Animal Companions now follow 12/02/2014 10:54 PM CST
For those of you who hunt with your companions, they should now automatically FOLLOW you if you leave the room while they are in ATTACK mode.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/03/2014 07:41 AM CST
Yay Keios! Statistically speaking there seems to be a correlation between making rangers happy and getting promoted to head of Dev. Keep it up! ;)

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/03/2014 10:36 AM CST
>For those of you who hunt with your companions, they should now automatically FOLLOW you if you leave the room while they are in ATTACK mode.

Fantastic. Thank you. Can we also get their mood messaging turned way down, or given a way to turn it off completely and have them still function otherwise (read: without their mood messaging going crazy again)?

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/03/2014 07:16 PM CST
Great update. Thank you, Keios. :-)

~ Bill, Coyote.

The Black Diamond Masquerade Ball: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Quests%60Sagas%60Events/Current%20and%20Upcoming%20Events/thread/1675348#
Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/07/2014 08:35 PM CST
Woohoo, an update. Ofcourse now you know we are going to blast out a bunch of requests for more like.. Let them respond pretty much instantly when we ask them to attack or guard please! But this is till a great update, I forget to tell them to follow every now and then.

Daemon Ranger
Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/07/2014 09:43 PM CST
Woohoo, an update. Ofcourse now you know we are going to blast out a bunch of requests for more like.. Let them respond pretty much instantly when we ask them to attack or guard please! But this is till a great update, I forget to tell them to follow every now and then.

Daemon Ranger

Since we will continue to ask and continue to be told no what about another idea. when we tell them to attack and the critter is dead, they auto target the next creature. Also maybe just if we say tell companion attack without a target they will target a creature in a room.

Pup's player
Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/08/2014 02:21 PM CST
>Since we will continue to ask and continue to be told no what about another idea. when we tell them to attack and the critter is dead, they auto target the next creature. Also maybe just if we say tell companion attack without a target they will target a creature in a room.

I thought that is how it worked already? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, or maybe I'm thinking of her auto-attack feature when I get stunned. I admit that I don't ask her to attack a specific target very often at all, since I can generally kill something before she responds.

~ Bill, Coyote.

The Black Diamond Masquerade Ball: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Quests%60Sagas%60Events/Current%20and%20Upcoming%20Events/thread/1675348#
Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/08/2014 02:45 PM CST

If the target is dead the companion will sniff it until it decays or search then continue to attack. At a warcamp or invasion where you may nkt have time you can get some wasted attack cycles from the animal.
Re: Animal Companions now follow 12/08/2014 09:05 PM CST
Is that only when you tell them to attack a certain creature? I always just say "attack" and I rarely get the sniffing. Granted I've been using guard alot more than attack.

Daemon Ranger