Animal Companion memory 11/17/2014 10:23 AM CST

I would like to suggest the animal companions get some memory. To shift their demeanor towards ANYONE that attacks or kills them to Hostile or at the least Cold.

Yes, my companion was attacked and killed. Gm's cannot tell me if it was a player or critter. Logically 'nothing' where I hunt can kill my companion.

I know who was next to it. The hound knows who did it.

I would like the hound to get some memory.

Aurach Moonshadew
two-blader
Senechal of Auld Ta'Faendryl
Re: Animal Companion memory 11/17/2014 02:34 PM CST
Actually, if critters where you hunt can hurt you, they can conceivably hurt your companion. The same can also be said for deaths. If you've died hunting in an area, your companion can as well. If your companion attacks something, it can get hurt if the critter retaliates. Anytime you leave a hunting area, you might want to make sure your companion is with you and check it over for injuries. It's your job, after all, to take care of your companion.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Private Property Guru
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
Re: Animal Companion memory 11/17/2014 02:51 PM CST
>Actually, if critters where you hunt can hurt you, they can conceivably hurt your companion. The same can also be said for deaths. If you've died hunting in an area, your companion can as well. If your companion attacks something, it can get hurt if the critter retaliates.

Companions of capped rangers can't be killed in OTF by any OTF creatures, even unspelled. I can't think of a single time I've seen my companion actually struck there while in attack mode. Bandits on the other hand, tend to be able to hit companions once in a while because they're susceptible to ranged attacks (bandits can exceed a 500 AS once in a while).

Perhaps it could have died in extreme circumstances, but that's unlikely.

~Brian, Sepher's player