Trading Bug? 07/21/2018 02:02 PM CDT
I went from 180 ranks of Trading to 202 ranks of trading, the price went up!

You can APPRAISE, INSPECT or DESCRIBE any item by number, ORDER by number to get pricing and customization options, BUY to purchase, or ORDER HELP for more info.
>order 33
You ask about the price of some fine crystalline chalk.

You strike up a friendly conversation with Dhaika, interspersed with banter about an appropriate price for the goods. After a while, you have arrived at a figure more to your liking of 25308 silvers.

You may order a QUANTITY of this item, ORDER something else, or BUY this item.
>goal
Attempting to launch the web skill manager...
>
You feel at full magical power again.
>goal
Attempting to launch the web skill manager...
>
Skill goals updated!

(at level 100), your base skill bonuses, ranks and goals are:
Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal

Trading............................| 302 202 202

303 days remain until the annual FIXSKILLS is to be granted, on 05/20/2019.

Your 30 day migration period will begin when you choose to degrade a skill.

Further information can be found in the FAQs.
>order
Catalog

1. a pale red sea glass rod 19. a spindly polished fel brush
2. an etched driftwood rod 20. a small crystal flask
3. a slender fruitwood wand 21. a chipped glass vial
4. an electric blue iron wand 22. an opalescent glass jar
5. a bolt-etched polished silver wand 23. a leather book
6. a flared twisted wand 25. a sisfu potion
7. a flame-etched burnished gold wand 26. a sarmoc potion
8. a splintered oak wand 27. a duqnuru potion
9. a metallic etched wand 28. a rohnuru potion
10. an aquamarine teardrop-etched wand 29. a dirtokh potion
11. a blue icicle-shaped wand 30. a mirtokh potion
12. an acid-etched thin crystal wand 31. a grot t'kel potion
13. an opaque glass amulet 32. a carved round malachite inkpot
14. a carved banana tree amulet 33. some fine crystalline chalk
15. a mist-etched crystal amulet 34. a long piece of translucent chalk
16. a golden nautilus shell pendant 35. a smooth porcelain pestle
17. a crystal toucan pendant 36. an ivory porcelain mortar
18. a white birch cup 38. an aish'vrak potion

Backroom Catalog

24. a mist-filled aster opal runestone 40. an etched yellow heliodor runestone
37. a quartz-cut alexandrite runestone 41. a wedge-shaped crystalline stone
39. a suede-bound star diopside runestone 42. an elliptical petrified stone

You can APPRAISE, INSPECT or DESCRIBE any item by number, ORDER by number to get pricing and customization options, BUY to purchase, or ORDER HELP for more info.
>order 33
You ask about the price of some fine crystalline chalk.

Using all your charm and wit, you enter into an enjoyable give-and-take with Dhaika. You have the sense that you took more than you gave by the time you reach a price of 25425 silvers.

You may order a QUANTITY of this item, ORDER something else, or BUY this item.
Re: Trading Bug? 07/21/2018 03:47 PM CDT
Trading skill doesn't work at all in the alchemist for some reason, the only discounts you get as far as I know are from citizenship and if you have backroom access there's some other factor as well. My Dark elf wizard with landing citizenship, backroom access and 0 trading ranks can buy things cheaper than my Elf wizard with landing citizenship, backroom access and 202 trading ranks.
Re: Trading Bug? 07/21/2018 04:05 PM CDT
Forgot to add trading skill works fine with second hand stuff on the alchemy tables.
Re: Trading Bug? 07/21/2018 04:40 PM CDT
Ok but I added 22 ranks of trading and the price increased. It wasn't a null effect. This is on FWI.
Re: Trading Bug? 07/22/2018 03:55 AM CDT
<Trading skill doesn't work at all in the alchemist for some reason, the only discounts you get as far as I know are from citizenship and if you have backroom access there's some other factor as well. My Dark elf wizard with landing citizenship, backroom access and 0 trading ranks can buy things cheaper than my Elf wizard with landing citizenship, backroom access and 202 trading ranks.>

Trading works just fine in the RR alchemist, both my empath and cleric see a reduction in the cost of gold wands every time they get more ranks in the skill. If they didn't I would dump the skill since that's the whole reason they have it.

As far as the disparity between the two wizards, are their INF bonuses the same? Even a big difference shouldn't matter enough for the dark elf to buy stuff for less then the elf, when that many trading ranks are involved... But I seem to recall seeing something recently (as in within the last year or so) about dark elves actually getting a racial bonus in some shops in the Landing (even though they're not supposed to), so if there is an INF difference the two together MIGHT account for it... though even that seems a stretch.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Trading Bug? 07/22/2018 05:54 AM CDT
25308/25425 = 0.9954 That's too small a difference to be down to trading alone, some other effect is in play too.

A couple of possibilities occur to me. Trading effectiveness is reduced at festival merchants, maybe its town wide when there's a festival on? (I didn't notice the price of my herbs change so that seems unlikely) Mist Harbor has a frequent buyer discount in its shops, maybe it gets cut at high trading to prevent infinite silver generation levels of discount? (I'm fairly sure infinite silver generation would happen if there wasn't some capping mechanism on discounts but I've never investigated what happens at high discount levels when the resale price approaches the sale price)
Re: Trading Bug? 07/23/2018 11:12 AM CDT
This was in FWI. The 180 ranks and 202 ranks prices were within a minute of each other. No other factors were changed in that minute that I can think of. The only edit to the original post was to delete the skills upon typing skills other than the trading skill, which was updated.
Re: Trading Bug? 07/30/2018 09:15 PM CDT

The Elf Wizard has an influence bounus of 34 the Dark elf has a bonus of 6.
Re: Trading Bug? 07/31/2018 11:54 AM CDT
All things remaining the same (in the test instance, confirmed bug. For some reason, increasing trading after 190 ranks increased the price at the alchemist for fine chalk for a DE sorc with a 79 (9 bonus) in Influence. Please fix!

175 ranks
>order 33
25410 silvers

180 ranks
>order 33
25308 silvers

185 ranks
>order 33
25308 silvers

190 ranks
>order 33
25308 silvers

UPTICK!

195 ranks
>order 33
25425 silvers

200 ranks
>order 33
25425 silvers

202 ranks
>order 33
25425 silvers
Re: Trading Bug? 08/21/2018 08:32 AM CDT
Has anyone gotten a chance to look this over?
Re: Trading Bug? 08/23/2018 09:24 AM CDT
ROLFARD
I went from 180 ranks of Trading to 202 ranks of trading, the price went up!

This issue should now be resolved. There is a maximum discount that merchants will give and it can vary from merchant to merchant. This discount was previously checked in a different place, which resulted in some logic that caused the price to go up when you went from 180 to 202 trading ranks. For your specific setup (race and other factors that can affect price) when buying crystalline chalk from this specific merchant, the price for the chalk with both 180 and 202 trading ranks is 25,500 silver. You reached the max discount at 167 trading ranks, but that only applies to this specific merchant and for your specific stats.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Trading Bug? 08/23/2018 09:50 AM CDT
<You reached the max discount at 167 trading ranks, but that only applies to this specific merchant and for your specific stats.>

...and you know you picked your race and stats just to cause the GM's grief with this! Stop being such a rabble rouser!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Trading Bug? 08/23/2018 11:31 AM CDT
Since i'm curious about the point of having access to 202 ranks of the trading skill;

Is there a point to get past 167 ranks as a DE sorcerer at all?

If i'm already at a hefty penalty for my race AND profession, why am I also at a penalty for training in a skill? Seems a bother not to tell me, oh at 167 ranks you should stop since those added ranks are doing nothing overall for your race and profession. I thought skills were to help offset those factors.

What if I added a set of enhancives that increases my stats (is it limited to influence?) and skills? If I wore an outfit with, for example, +40 Influence and +50 trading, will I be at an advantage then to already have 202 ranks?

Basically, should I be reclaiming those TP's with a fixskills and consider myself capped at 167 trading or not?

Thanks for looking into this! I guess this goes a lot deeper than I anticipated...
Re: Trading Bug? 08/23/2018 11:48 AM CDT
Also, since you're update to the trading skill,

the price has increased for me across the board;

The cheapest price is supposed to be FWI (for a DE sorc, no neg);

Prices I found at 202 trading ranks DE sorc today are;

Wehnimer's - 27,000
Solhaven - 30,000
FWI - 25,500 (expected cheapest) and more than it was when I was getting a benefit for 180 ranks
Teras - 25,500 (expected more expensive since racism) and then a further discount as citizen to 22,950 (not sure if they forget race for citizens?)

Anyhow, I may decide to fixskills to remove the extra ranks if those TP's are helping more elsewhere, disappointed :(
Re: Trading Bug? 08/23/2018 02:09 PM CDT
ROLFARD
Is there a point to get past 167 ranks as a DE sorcerer at all?

As noted, the 167 ranks threshold was for your current stats at that specific merchant. Past that, 167 ranks is a not global threshold.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Trading Bug? 08/24/2018 11:52 AM CDT
Thanks for the clarification!

Is there a threshold on trading ranks for selling gems? Will some dealers have a differing maximum trading skills benefit on selling a gem or will all trading ranks (and enhancives to trading skill and influence stat) count positively?