Ice on the trail and blessing lore 06/28/2016 06:29 PM CDT
I recently changed my lores around a little bit, moving from 101 summoning lore to 90 summoning/11 blessing. As soon as I got some blessing ranks, I started getting the "Running heedlessly through the icy terrain, you slip on a patch of ice but catch yourself before you truly lose your footing." at every single ice patch on the IMT trail. My guess is that there is some problem with the lore benefit from 617 (Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings decreases the chance the caster will slip in icy conditions while Sneaking is active.) I'm a ranger with 202 survival ranks, 90summ/20bless and all spells active.

Could someone look into this please?

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Ice on the trail and blessing lore 06/28/2016 06:33 PM CDT
Yup. I just stopped 617 and ran the trail again with no stumbles. Definitely 617/blessing lore related. Also, I should correct my first post: I currently only have 5 blessing ranks since I'm still in the process of migrating.

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Re: Ice on the trail and blessing lore 06/28/2016 07:04 PM CDT
I get that message at every ice patch as well, at 202 survival ranks, and thought it was normal.

Though I've heard of others that do not, or maybe it was that they don't fall.

It has always been annoying that the ranks did not seem to train off the fumble and I just ring past it all now usually but can a NIR confirm if anything else to it? Why do some not see the messaging at all?
Re: Ice on the trail and blessing lore 06/28/2016 07:11 PM CDT
That's weird. Before I got those blessing ranks, I could run the whole way with the occasional fall, but never the stumble. Now I stumble every single ice patch while 617 is active.

Droit

Re: Ice on the trail and blessing lore 06/28/2016 07:17 PM CDT
I think it is just a check and only you see it firsthand.

I figured the stumble message was to let you know ice patch is there but your skill passed the roll (usually).

But odd you don't see it.
Re: Ice on the trail and blessing lore 06/28/2016 07:32 PM CDT
Well, I guess I do see the messaging even when running through, however it wasn't until I got the blessing ranks that the stumbles actually hindered my progress. With 617/blessing, if I get that stumble message, I actually have to enter the movement command a second time.

[Icemule Trail, Snowy Forest]
A large branch is tightly wedged against a massive tree that has been uprooted and is lying across the southern path. Powdery snow and slippery ice cover everything, making every step an effort.
Obvious paths: north
>n
Running heedlessly through the icy terrain, you slip on a patch of ice but catch yourself before you truly lose your footing.
>n
A drooping pine tree stands to one side of the trail, its long branches sweeping downward to brush against the ice-crusted ground. High overhead, the snow-tipped spires of the towering trees dance in the wind.
Obvious paths: north, south

As opposed to:

>ne
Running heedlessly through the icy terrain, you slip on a patch of ice but catch yourself before you truly lose your footing.
The wide track leading to the clearing east of you is free of snow and has been pounded flat by the heavily-laden carts headed toward the southeast. The forest is filled with the sound of heavy objects striking wood.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest

Droit

Re: Ice on the trail and blessing lore 06/28/2016 07:41 PM CDT
Droit - mail check, please?

Doug
Re: Ice on the trail and blessing lore 07/07/2016 04:42 PM CDT
Any chance someone could look into this problem? As it stands, blessing lore is causing the exact opposite of its intended effect. I now have to stop 617 any time I want to travel between Icemule and Landing.

Droit