Dodge, manuevers, and you. 03/08/2013 08:21 PM CST
Dodging
A character training in this skill learns combat techniques to deflect or avoid blows, provided that the character is not completely incapacitated (sleeping, paralyzed, etc.). The character's Defensive Strength (DS) and ability to avoid many maneuver attacks take the Dodging skill into account.

That is the definition given to dodge on the official Gemstone IV website. It has been noted though that dodge does not actually factor into avoidance of maneuver attacks. Early last year I believe it was stated that this would be corrected and that dodge would indeed play a greater role in maneuver avoidance. Has there been any work on this? I'm anxiously awaiting for this to be fixed.
Re: Dodge, manuevers, and you. 03/09/2013 09:21 PM CST
>Early last year I believe it was stated that this would be corrected and that dodge would indeed play a greater role in maneuver avoidance. Has there been any work on this? I'm anxiously awaiting for this to be fixed.
ARATOS

I recall the conversation, but I don't recall it ever being stated that it was going to be corrected anytime soon. Or even RSN soon. Or even monk soon. Due to the complexity of the issue.

-farmer
Re: Dodge, manuevers, and you. 03/09/2013 09:47 PM CST
It's been on the table for years. My guess when it will happen? Sometime RSN. Or maybe the next millennium.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me