i dont see AS as needed 09/02/2012 07:12 AM CDT
Personally i dont see warriors really needing all that much AS, right now i have no issues hitting and killing mobs. my biggest issues is my really low DS, without other peoples spells my DS is so low that what i hunt can almost always hit me with a roll above 20, im forced to stance dance and play the waiting game, and still only attack no higher than advance because of the hits taken while in RT, and this really is only a problem until warriors get into plate, something i would like to see is have wspec add +2 AS and +2 DS, this would help balance warriors out until we get to the point were we can use full plate, as most warriors get at least 3 ranks very early on, and those extra 6 DS would probably make it so i died a whole lot less, or i could really see something like +4 / +4 being very helpful, that way at 3 ranks which would be around lvl 12 you could have the extra 12 as ds which would be VERY helpful
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/02/2012 01:52 PM CDT
>im forced to stance dance and play the waiting game,

You do realize that this is pretty much exactly how the system is supposed to work, right?

Alternatively, use one of the myriad of setup skills that warriors have access to. I recommend Feint, but there are a ton of others.
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/02/2012 03:02 PM CDT
Once you get to a higher level you'll get a little better at taking hits. My warrior rarely ever leaves offense. DS isn't a big deal, you'll be wanting more TD. A high AS is really wanted for warriors, especially at higher levels... You kill things faster like that.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/02/2012 06:13 PM CDT
>>Personally i dont see warriors really needing all that much AS, right now i have no issues hitting and killing mobs. my biggest issues is my really low DS,<<

Actually. more AS would help. If you could, for example, 3x weapons, the extra AS might let you attack from forward stance instead of advanced, which would help your DS. Mind you, that would still be a work-around solution, but better than nothing.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/03/2012 03:14 PM CDT
My friend, you should come and join the ranks of the true tank class, the paladins. AS is for show offs, DS gets the job done.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/03/2012 06:09 PM CDT
>>My friend, you should come and join the ranks of the true tank class, the paladins. AS is for show offs, DS gets the job done.<<

An odd statement, as paladins are known for being able to generate truly monstrous AS numbers.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/03/2012 06:47 PM CDT
Pfff, zealot builds are inherently inferior to tank builds.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/03/2012 06:50 PM CDT
Pft, everyone knows warriors are the best tanks.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: i dont see AS as needed 09/03/2012 07:04 PM CDT
>>Pfff, zealot builds are inherently inferior to tank builds.<<

Sorry, I never use zealot spell, but I can consistently generate AS than a like level warrior of the same race and stats.

The bells of Hell
o ting-a-ling-a-ling
or you but not for me