THW vs Blunt + OHE 05/03/2012 08:49 PM CDT
I am just wondering if the logic is defunct for getting separate training for blunts over ohe? If a blunt or sharp THW is usable by someone who trains in two-handers, why is a one-hander separated by this type of damage? The skill to train in blunts was reduced which is nice but why not eliminate blunts altogether along with one-handed edge training and just make it simply 'one-handed weapons'. Brawling is not classic melee and though mostly one-handed, does not seem the same enough to give it the same AS inclusion for the skill or to eliminate a need for brawling.

Anyway, blunt weapons would be more available eventually if a lot more people could use them alternately with edges. Using a blunt on my ranger is proving how much better a weapon a star is over a falchion, in my opinion so probably it would become popular.
Re: THW vs Blunt + OHE 05/03/2012 09:33 PM CDT
<<Anyway, blunt weapons would be more available eventually if a lot more people could use them alternately with edges. Using a blunt on my ranger is proving how much better a weapon a star is over a falchion, in my opinion so probably it would become popular.

Technically the morning star and falchion are EXTREMELY close and comparable across all armors in both their DF's and AvD's. In some, the morning star wins out, and in others the falchion does. But even then, unless you actually run the numbers most the time the difference isn't even enough to be perceptible.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: THW vs Blunt + OHE 05/05/2012 09:15 PM CDT

I don't know why it seems like the morning star hits a lot harder then. Was it changed or was it always this kind of correlation?

Thanks.
d
Re: THW vs Blunt + OHE 05/05/2012 09:32 PM CDT
Against the heavier armor, where the handaxe is actually the best OHE, the DF advantage of the star can result in noticeably harder hits than the falchion. If you are swinging the falchion hard enough to be able to see top rank crits, you aren't going to notice it, but its possible to be able to get rank 9 crits with a
star when a falchion would only give rank 7, and you'll certainly get the impression the star hits harder if that is how a particular critter matches up against you.