Padding help, could use confirmation and clarification 02/24/2018 12:18 PM CST
I'm hoping for some absolute clarification on padding armor with both types of padding. The wiki clearly states that padding effectiveness is halved when wearing accessories with different padding over armor with dissimilar padding e.g. heavily damage padded arm greaves (CER 10) over heavily crit padded double leathers (CER 10) leaves you with effectively somewhat (CER 5) critical and damage padding on your arms.

Is this the case when you crit and damage pad the armor itself?

I may have screwed up in lightly crit padding a set of masterfully damage padded armor if that's the case. The wiki states nothing about dissimilar padding on the same item.

Is there anyone that can 100% confirm this for me please? I spoke with a GM and they were pretty sure you could pad the armor with both types and not lose efficiency, but suggested I post on the officials for a solid confirmation.

My other question is...does that mean you can have a maximum combined CER of 50 for the item itself or can each type of padding have up to 50 CER?

Thank you in advance for any insight into this matter.
Re: Padding help, could use confirmation and clarification 02/24/2018 12:23 PM CST
>> Is this the case when you crit and damage pad the armor itself?

This was asked before and a NIR responded that it was not subject to halving (you get full benefit from both) if both of the paddings are on the same armor. Hopefully that will help you feel a bit better until a NIR has a chance to pop in and reconfirm!

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Padding help, could use confirmation and clarification 02/24/2018 12:38 PM CST
What he said, and also the combined max is 50 CER not 50 of each.
Re: Padding help, could use confirmation and clarification 05/20/2018 02:12 PM CDT

Yea you should take that masterfull damage padded armor to at least somewhat crit padded cause there is a lot of return for those 6 combat points... a lot more return than 6 more damage points.

The only halving comes from wearing armor accessories that have enhancements. Note "enhancements" means pretty much everythign good OTHER THAN "enhancives". So enhancive armor accessories don't have an enhancement, and therefore do not cause padding on main armor to be halved.
General armor padding questions 05/20/2018 03:36 PM CDT
Some questions on armor padding.

1. Does critical padding protect against spell crits on you, or only physical crits?

2. Does damage padding protect against spell damage on you, or only physical damage?

Spells include warding and bolt/AS spells.

Thanks.
Re: General armor padding questions 06/28/2018 06:43 PM CDT
Another question then, this is regarding critical padding on armor.

Say you have heavy crit padding on some augmented chain (AsG 15 - torso, arm, leg coverage) and you add a plain greathelm (head and neck coverage).
What will the resultant padding be (if any) on the head and neck area?

Thanks.
Re: General armor padding questions 06/28/2018 07:09 PM CDT
Even without wearing that helm, you would have HCP on the uncovered (from the torso armor) areas. They would act as if covered in one armor group down, scale.

You'd also best be prepared to venough ranks to be able to wear chain hauberk without additional penalties (70 ranks for rt, 80 ranks for maneuvers) because wearing a helm would bump up the requirement as if fully covered in chain.
Re: General armor padding questions 06/28/2018 08:36 PM CDT
Understand needing more armor use ranks to handle hauberk level. Just wanted to know if the plain helm would lower the crit protection to the head or no? As in is it averaged or no effect on existing padding protection from the torso armor. The wiki mentions enhancive gear but not plain armor coverage on a non-covered (well one less AG coverage) part.

I'm trying to get some extra head and neck protection better than scale is the thing.

Thanks.
Re: General armor padding questions 06/28/2018 09:28 PM CDT
If the helm, or any accessory, is plain (even unblessed) it doesn't lower or affect the padding.

Also enhancive accessories don't. It is when it blessed, flared, or padded with different types of padding that can it be halved or choose the higher of if same type.