Armor Reinforcement Update 03/01/2017 12:14 AM CST
The effectiveness of Armor Reinforcement has been increase to 15% per rank (up from 7%) to make it more competitive with the other armor fittings.

Enjoy!

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Armor Reinforcement Update 02/28/2017 08:45 PM CST
To be your sole armor spec, [Armor Reinforcment] would have to be reliable enough that you could actually make the decision, "Nah, I won't chomp herbs; it probably won't cause a problem." I'd argue that happens at a minimum of 80% proc rate: at that point, you have about a 50/50 chance of stacking minors after 3 tries. Before that, I would just heal the wound, and why am I bothering to use Armor Reinforcement if my default is to spend 3-9 seconds healing minors after a combat?
For it to compete with the popularity of Armor Support, you'd probably want it at a minimum proc of 90%. That's a 50/50 chance of a stack after 7 stacked hits. You're giving up loot to use Armor Reinforcement. Any replacement for that has to be damn good. It'd also make Sunfist Berserker with the "power through minors" sigil a great - and thematic, since lore puts giantmen as the historial berserkers - build.
I'd consider making Reinforcement something like 30% + 3·Ranks·(Armor Group - 1)%. Flat 30% for robes, 33-45% for leathers, 36-65% for brig, 39-75% for chain, and 42-90% for plate.
Also, I've never seen Reinforcement proc when I tried using it, so I'm either very imperceptive or it doesn't have a message when it procs. Could someone share the message to put on the wiki if it exists? If not, it should exist.

I don't see myself migrating 160 armor points to see if this is worth using, especially because I think I already know the answer, and double-especially if the ARMOR unlearning timer kicks up to 25 hours+/point after 41 points migrated like it does for CMAN.

So someone with more faith in this or money/bps to burn on a migration point, feel free to report back.
Re: Armor Reinforcement Update 02/28/2017 10:19 PM CST
I'm at rank 5. I'll see how it looks.
Re: Armor Reinforcement Update 03/02/2017 12:28 PM CST
Possibility of a ARMOR fixskill like paladins got?

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.