Spell hinderance 02/18/2017 12:58 PM CST

I'm trying to get a handle on my spell hindrance. This character is Level 29 Paladin with 77 ranks of armor. The fluidity drops the chance to 15%.

The dang armor tables are confusing me. How do I get the calculation/math/numbers to figure hot to train off the spell hindrance?

You carefully inspect your red steel chestplate.

Your careful inspection of a blood red steel chestplate allows you to conclude that it is plate armor that covers the torso only.

You determine that you could wear the chestplate around your chest. The chestplate appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of steel.

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 177 77
>

>prepare 1601
You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Mantle of Faith...
Your spell is ready.
s>cast at self
You gesture.
[Spell Hindrance for a blood red steel chestplate is 17% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 15]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>prepare 1611
You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Patron's Blessing...
Your spell is ready.
>cast at self
You gesture.
[Spell Hindrance for a blood red steel chestplate is 15% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 12]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Re: Spell hinderance 02/18/2017 01:07 PM CST
Right now, the spell hindrance setup is a little bit of a mess on the wiki. I've been meaning to clean it up more, but for now, cross-reference the tables in these two articles:
https://gswiki.play.net/Spell_hindrance
https://gswiki.play.net/Armor_Use

90 ranks to get Paladin base down to 10% hindrance (before fluiditiy), 210 ranks to get minor spirit down to 16% hindrance (again, before fluidity). Both numbers are assuming you're not wearing any armor accessories.
Re: Spell hinderance 02/20/2017 11:47 AM CST
Yes that helps a lot.

Thank you!