Armored evasion and armor use over training 02/02/2017 01:08 PM CST
Over training armor use can drop your AP by up to 50% of it's original AP and armored evasion can drop it based on ranks and AG.

I'm hoping someone can confirm how they interact. Does armored evasion get factored in after the over training drop or before? The order would make a significant difference in AP reduction. I ask simply because I've never noticed a significant improvement from using armored evasion. Thanks!
Re: Armored evasion and armor use over training 02/02/2017 04:08 PM CST
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/All%20About%20Armor/thread/1554040
Re: Armored evasion and armor use over training 02/03/2017 04:17 PM CST
Sadly, your link just takes me to "All About Armor," but not to a specific thread. I've read the discussions around armored evasion and over training and all that. It's mostly just arguing and disappointing results to me. In any case, I'm just asking how things turned out in the end.

Does armored evasion in fact drop the AP past the 50% threshold of over training armor use?
Re: Armored evasion and armor use over training 02/04/2017 05:07 PM CST
That's okay, I linked the wrong thread anyway.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Rogues/So%20You%20Want%20to%20be%20a%20Rogue%3F/thread/1725903 or http://oneepicknight.com/forums/GemStone%20IV/Rogues/So%20You%20Want%20to%20be%20a%20Rogue%3F/thread/1725903

It doesn't explicitly say so, but my assumption is that it does work past the 50% threshold - I can't see why it wouldn't; they're separate systems.

If Ixix wouldn't mind popping in here to clarify, that'd be cool.

My follow-up question: does it do anything if your Action Penalty is already 0? Would a monk in robes benefit from Evasion?
Re: Armored evasion and armor use over training 02/04/2017 07:12 PM CST
Pretty sure I read, or heard, someplace that action penalty past 0 has no benefit. There is no - AP to achieve, according to how it was described.
Re: Armored evasion and armor use over training 02/11/2017 01:50 PM CST
I have a slightly related question about armor accessories and over training in armor use. If I have torso only chain mail (asg 13), but wear arm and leg guards, giving me effectively augmented chainmail (asg 15) or hauberk if I add a helmet (asg 16), but have 200 ranks of armor use, do I get 3 tiers of action penalty reduction? Or is the action penalty reduction tier granted from over training in armor use limited by the base armor (in the case of my torso chain only 2 tiers of action penalty reduction)?

Any answers to my vaguely worded inquiry would be greatly appreciated.
Archales
Re: Armored evasion and armor use over training 02/11/2017 04:30 PM CST
Good question on the base armor. I don't know but I assume so since you get the penalties for adding accessories.

However, even with 200 ranks you only get 2 tiers on the chain mail because - "The maximum reduction is capped at 50% of the original action penalty."

If overtraining is going off base armor + worn relevant accessories, then you should see 3 tiers on augmented chain and 2 tiers with chain hauberk base or equivalent, until you get to 220 ranks that is (then 3 tiers).