Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 12:48 PM CST
Hello Again!

I have just released a new Armor Specialization called Armor Blessing, which is available to the Paladin class. Here are the details on how it works, please let me know if you have any questions!

Armor Blessing - The wearer's armor retains some of the magical energy lost when an offensive spell fails due to armor hindrance. Upon the next successful cast (within 30 seconds) of the same offensive spell, the caster is granted an AS or CS bonus based on the formula below.

(3 * Armor Group * Armor Blessing Rank) = AS Bonus

(AS Bonus * (3/5)) = CS Bonus

Enjoy!

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 01:28 PM CST
Does that formula mean that it is theoretically possible for a plate Armor Group wearer with 5 ranks of the skill to get +75 AS / +45 CS from a failed cast?
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 01:41 PM CST
KRAKII
Does that formula mean that it is theoretically possible for a plate Armor Group wearer with 5 ranks of the skill to get +75 AS / +45 CS from a failed cast?

Yes it does, so long as they cast the same offensive spell that failed due to armor hindrance. I hope that sounds good to you! =)

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 01:50 PM CST
>>I hope that sounds good to you! =)

Good changes for paladins, of late, but this one. This one - she's special.

Doug
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 01:53 PM CST
Time to move my paladin from rank 3 Fluidity to rank 3 Blessing, slowly push my empath from leather breastplate to torso chain, and seriously think about pushing my cleric from torso chain to aug chain post-cap. Give me all the spell failures just so I can have those nice boosts!

AIM: sweetleafiara@gmail.com
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 02:06 PM CST
Very cool! Do they have to be back to back, or can you cast another spell (e.g. 1603) in between?
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 03:37 PM CST
PFLATS:
Very cool! Do they have to be back to back, or can you cast another spell (e.g. 1603) in between?

I think it easier to explain this with an example. Let's say you cast 901 at a creature and it fails due to armor hindrance. You could then cast 409 successfully (without an AS or CS benefit), and then cast 901 (successfully this time) and get the AS benefit still, provided that you cast it within 30 seconds. However, let's say in that example that your 409 cast failed due to armor hindrance. You would then lose the benefit on your next successful cast of 901, however, you would have the benefit for your next successful cast of 409 (in the next 30 seconds). Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 03:43 PM CST
>Does that formula mean that it is theoretically possible for a plate Armor Group wearer with 5 ranks of the skill to get +75 AS / +45 CS from a failed cast?

Full plate and runestaff for you now...
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 04:16 PM CST
There is one important detail I forgot to mention. Armor Blessing's bonuses are not applied to any spells in the bard spell circle. This was done to avoid any potential mechanics abuse that could occur due to spell songs hindrance failure costing no mana and having no casting roundtime.

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 06:43 PM CST
Any chance of a cman reset for Paladins so we can try this out?

And just so someone can help me make sure I'm understanding this properly-

Armor Blessing is probably more beneficial for non-Paladin recipients than for Paladins and their own casting, right? I mean, Paladins rarely have CS issues themselves and probably need the 5% reduction from fluidity more.

But friends of Paladins will go bonkers for this.
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 07:51 PM CST
>You would then lose the benefit on your next successful cast of 901, however, you would have the benefit for your next successful cast of 409 (in the next 30 seconds).

Makes perfect sense, thanks. Few other follow-ups, because what the heck?

Does failing a non-attack spell "overwrite" the bonus? (Fail 901, fail 919, cast 901)

How about an offensive or attack spell that doesn't use AS/CS? (Fail 901, fail 410/914/917, cast 901)

Any thought to having it also provide an equivalent SMRv2 bonus, especially if more SMRv2 spells are coming down the pipeline?

CS bonus: Truncates or rounds?
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/14/2017 07:58 PM CST
And in general, if there are any other mistakes on the wiki, let me know! (Or feel free to fix them yourself!)

https://gswiki.play.net/Armor_Blessing
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/15/2017 02:35 AM CST
>Full plate and runestaff for you now...

Believe me, if Major Spiritual, Cleric base, and Empath base had the same spell hindrance and Armor Use requirements as Minor Spiritual and if clerics and empaths could 2x Armor Use, I'd eventually get my cleric (and eventually eventually eventually my empath) into metal breastplate.

AIM: sweetleafiara@gmail.com
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/15/2017 03:25 AM CST
>Believe me, if Major Spiritual, Cleric base, and Empath base had the same spell hindrance and Armor Use requirements as Minor Spiritual and if clerics and empaths could 2x Armor Use, I'd eventually get my cleric (and eventually eventually eventually my empath) into metal breastplate.

Postcap, when those that can't train armor want it and those that can don't. (I suspect full plate may remain worth it for encumberance reasons, but otherwise when enough spells are learnt it would get lockered)
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/15/2017 08:01 AM CST
Does this work for magic wands and scrolls?

Any chance paladins only can get a bonus to their next physical attack too? As it was mentioned, this is a little more geared to non paladins but I can't see myself switching from armor fluidity without more incentive.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/15/2017 08:52 AM CST
Anyway some of the paladin Armor Specializations can be added on top of the general ones? Maybe some can be converted to "holy" armor specs. That way you can have damage/holy as one category and the general armor specializations as another for more combinations.
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/15/2017 09:17 AM CST
Oh ya, is spirit strike considered offensive or utility?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/15/2017 11:18 AM CST
Interesting release! Not sure if I'd drop my T4 Fluidity for it, but it sounds cool.

>Oh ya, is spirit strike considered offensive or utility?

you can cast it in a sanctuary, so it's not a spell of war
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/16/2017 06:25 PM CST
PFLATS:
<Does failing a non-attack spell "overwrite" the bonus? (Fail 901, fail 919, cast 901)>

No, a non-offensive spell will not "overwrite" the bonus.

PFLATS:
<How about an offensive or attack spell that doesn't use AS/CS? (Fail 901, fail 410/914/917, cast 901)>

No, these spells will not "overwrite" the bonus.

PFLATS:
<CS bonus: Truncates or rounds?>

Truncates

PFLATS:
<And in general, if there are any other mistakes on the wiki, let me know! (Or feel free to fix them yourself!)>

Looks good to me, thanks for the help!

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armor Blessing Released! 01/16/2017 09:00 PM CST

That's what I expected, but it's good to have it clarified. Thanks, Cyraex!