Armored Casting Updated! 01/14/2017 12:48 PM CST
Hello!

In addition to its original benefits, Armored Casting will now provide a chance to reduce the roundtime that is incurred following a failed spell cast due to armor hindrance.

Armored Casting
Rank 1: 33% chance to reduce the roundtime of failed casting attempt by 1 second.
Rank 2: 66% chance to reduce the roundtime of failed casting attempt by 1 second.
Rank 3: 100% chance to reduce the roundtime of failed casting attempt by 1 second.
Rank 4: 100% chance to get -1 to casting roundtime, and a 33% chance to get an additional -1 (Total of 2 seconds potentially).
Rank 5: 100% chance to get -1 to casting roundtime, and a 66% chance to get an additional -1 (Total of 2 seconds potentially).

Enjoy!

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/14/2017 02:07 PM CST
Very cool change. Does this also affect hard RT from a channeled spell, or just soft RT?
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/14/2017 02:22 PM CST
PFLATS
Very cool change. Does this also affect hard RT from a channeled spell, or just soft RT?

It only affects the soft roundtime.

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/14/2017 02:38 PM CST
Thanks! Almost done updating the wiki. Stacks with Rapid Fire? (I assume not.)
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/14/2017 03:05 PM CST
PFLATS:
Thanks! Almost done updating the wiki. Stacks with Rapid Fire? (I assume not.)

No, it does not stack with rapid fire.

GameMaster Cyraex
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/15/2017 09:54 AM CST
So at 4 ranks a paladin is guaranteed a 2 second casting time, even on successful casts? That is quite a bit of incentive to switch from armored fluidity.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/15/2017 10:03 AM CST
No. Armored Casting only affects failed casts.
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/15/2017 10:38 AM CST
Ahh well, rank 4 and rank 5 info didn't state for failed casts only. If that's the case I'll stick with armored fluidity.

Changing rank 4 and rank 5 to work on successful casts as well would be a great way to make this armor spec a competitive choice though.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Armored Casting Updated! 01/15/2017 11:11 AM CST
A competitive choice is a bit of an understatement! If all it took were 4 ranks of an armor spec for an essentially permanent 2 cast RT on all spells, every caster in the lands would be clamoring for it.

Paladins would have to find new places to hide to have a break from giving out Armored Casting. That 5 RT adds up!