T4 Voln armor bug? 01/20/2015 12:57 PM CST
Today I was hunting and for some reason my T4 voln armor wouldn't activate the symbol of return feature. It kept giving me the deity message you normally get when typing 'beseech' on its own (see log below).

When I made it back to the node, I tested the armor's symbol of return feature again and it worked fine, so I'm wondering if it had something to do with the fact I was stunned? Any other clerics/paladins notice this issue?

A darkly inked fetish master claps its palms together, momentarily uniting its glowing tattoos before forcefully thrusting its hands forward toward you!
For some reason, you feel extremely unlucky.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath your feet! Several of the thorns jab into you!
... hits for 36 points of damage!
Your faenor-scaled leathers seems to deflect some of the thorns.
... 5 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the left leg.
... hits for 20 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Strike pierces thigh!
You are knocked to the ground!
... hits for 13 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Well aimed shot, punctures upper arm!
You are stunned for 1 round!
>
[The Rift, Scatter]
A plain of snow and ice stretches out as far as the eye can see. In the twilight sky, shimmering golds, pinks, and blues dance across the heavens. The colorful lights reflect off of the tiny flakes of snow that fall all around. You notice the Kaedra disk, a capricious alpine spirit (flying), a Vvrael destroyer, a darkly inked fetish master and a Vvrael destroyer (prone).
Obvious exits: southwest, down
>sym return
You are still stunned.
>beseech my leathers
You beseech Charl for some divine assistance.
>
An ebon shadow swirls through your deep azure blazestar, momentarily casting your countenance in darkness.
>
A darkly inked fetish master raises its hands while emitting a dissonant sing-song rhythm, causing the tattoos along its forearms and hands to flare to life with a dark light.
>beseech my leathers
You beseech Charl for some divine assistance.
>
A Vvrael destroyer struggles to rise but fails in the attempt.
>sym return
Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .

[The Rift]
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southeast
Re: T4 Voln armor bug? 01/21/2015 01:28 AM CST
>Any other clerics/paladins notice this issue?

If you're right and that, for whatever reason, 1635 has interfered, then it really can only be tested by other paladins with T4 Voln armor. There can't be that many of us (maybe not any others at all?)

>beseech my plate
You place your hand upon your imflass plate and chant a short but stern litany. Responding to your prayer, a rush of spiritual energy ebbs from it and suddenly...

Your surroundings blur into a white fog!

I wasn't stunned at the time. I checked all my log files, and I guess I almost never use this feature, since 1635 is usually what I prefer (doesn't use favor, and usually I want to keep hunting).

I'll need to find some demon rum or something to give this a test.

Could be some problem specifically with the Rift. No clue at all what's going on in the backend, but so far as I've ever heard, teleportation spells don't work normally there (which isn't to say they don't do anything at all). If that's some kind of replacement call, perhaps it's a weird bug with Voln armor (which may or may not specifically affect paladins knowing 1635).

Curious to see about reproducing this, in any case. I'd be pretty bummed if on the rare chance that I actually wanted to use the Voln armor beseech and not the paladin one and it didn't work...! And by 'pretty bummed' I mean dead as a door nail.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: T4 Voln armor bug? 01/21/2015 12:14 PM CST
<<Could be some problem specifically with the Rift. No clue at all what's going on in the backend, but so far as I've ever heard, teleportation spells don't work normally there (which isn't to say they don't do anything at all).

Teleportation spells like Spirit Guide (130) and symbol of return randomly transport you somewhere in the rift, sometimes even to the same room.

It turns out this question was raised about a year ago in the paladin folder, and at that time Estild said to BESEECH <ARMOR> to activate the symbol of return feature which I did, so I'm not sure what went wrong.

Link: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paladins/Paladin%20General%20Discussion/view/256)
Re: T4 Voln armor bug? 01/22/2015 01:13 AM CST
>It turns out this question was raised about a year ago in the paladin folder

I know. I was the one asking ^_^

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!