Gender Specific Armor 10/27/2014 04:52 AM CDT
I purchased some "black vultite brigandine" today. Went to put it on and got this:

>wear brig
As you attempt to struggle into a suit of black vultite brigandine, you realize its feminine contours would ill accommodate your body. Darn! That would have been cute.

>assess brig
You assess the brigandine for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the black vultite brigandine has a base strength of 64 and a base durability of 365. You also determine the current integrity of the black vultite brigandine to be at 100.0%.

You heft the brigandine a few times, but learn nothing more about it.

>inspect brig
You carefully inspect your black vultite brigandine.

Your careful inspection of a suit of black vultite brigandine allows you to conclude that it is rigid leather armor that covers the torso, arms, legs, neck, and head.

You determine that you could wear the brigandine around your chest. The brigandine appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.

>exam brig
You see nothing unusual.

How could I have known that only ladies can wear it? I feel like this armor will really put my butt where it needs to be, if I weren't so fat.
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/27/2014 05:28 AM CDT
Try ANALYZE BRIGANDINE

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/27/2014 07:22 AM CDT
Didn't know that was a verb until now.

>analy brig
You analyze your black vultite brigandine and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the black vultite brigandine for you.
>
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/27/2014 08:30 AM CDT
Depending on where you bought it, the sign in the shop or the mannequin that it was on may have been supposed to be clues.

I do agree with you that having some form of gender-identification in the look/inspect/analyze information would be something sensible for the merchant to include.
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/27/2014 08:46 AM CDT

Got it from a player shop. There were no indications on the lich inventory site. I'll swing by the shop to verify.

I am curious as to whether this can be altered to fit. And how much something like that costs. Or if this item is bugged and a GM could fix the fit or add an indicating adjective.

Any advice is appreciated. This was my first "expensive" purchase. (400k)
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/28/2014 12:01 AM CDT
I'll trade you a set of normal vultite brig for it. I'll check at the armory; I think that's about the usual shop price.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/28/2014 04:41 AM CDT
Just checked some of my halfling gear. My chain shirt, on analyze, has this:

>This shirt is a perfect size for a halfling or burghal gnome to wear.

But then I checked my halfling plate, and all the information about its racial size seems to have been destroyed/removed when it was converted to Voln armor.

Definitely since this is not an extremely rare property of armor (restrictions on who can wear it), there should be a dedicated slot for informing us about that, which doesn't get deleted by another service (well, unless it can actually be worn by anyone now, then its value might have gone way up....but I seriously doubt it).

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/28/2014 08:17 PM CDT
one of the shops at anfelt had racial armors too was head to toe of each type for each race
Re: Gender Specific Armor 10/30/2014 06:57 PM CDT

I found a buyer for it. I'm just gonna sell.