Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 01/11/2014 08:34 PM CST
Hunting in the Scatter all the time I get spike thorned a LOT. Long ago I decided to make sure I was using permanent nature resist armor (or accessories) at all times. What a lifesaver and its effect is very noticable.

In addition I have at different times also tried the temporary damage padding from the advguild as well as warrior slash fittings. I have noticed something each time: I no longer see the benefits of the nature resist with either of these added to the same armor.

Going through my logs and grepping for each time I was spike thorned I can see that while my armor has either of these on them they never show a deflection of thorns. If I throw on some nature resist leg greaves then the greaves will deflect almost all of the time. Once the padding or fittings wear off the nature resist kicks back in again and I start seeing the armor deflecting at times again.

I also noticed this peculiarity with pcalc at Sadie's:

double leather with perm nature resist, no fittings, no temp damage padding
Surcharge of 1500 for resistances.

makes sense. However...
double leather with perm nature resist, no fittings, advguild temp damage padding
Surcharge of 0 for resistances.
You may not add more padding to this leather.

Not being add padding makes sense with the damage padding on there already, but curious it reported 0 surcharge for the resistance. I wonder if this is related to the resistance not functioning in combat.

Why are vaespilons always smiling? Because they know what's about to happen next...
Re: Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 01/11/2014 08:51 PM CST
I also received nature (and acid) resistance on my armor and have noticed it has never kicked in from spikethorn in the Scatter. I've had a capped ranger spikethorn me to test and it does kick in versus the player spell. The acid resistance works fine.

All of this is while wearing slash fittings and I have not tested if the nature resistance will activate for fetish master spikes without the fittings but even if so that would be broken as the acid resistance works well with the slash.
Re: Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 01/12/2014 12:55 AM CST
The nature resistance finally did activate when I removed the slash fittings, but I'm not sure why the fittings for slash resistance are blocking the nature resistance.

As stated earlier, this is not the case for player versions of the same spell, or for other types of resistances. From everything I've seen multiple resistances be added to armor and fittings work fine with all resistances (other than that of the same type).

Can a NIR chime in if this is intended or can be fixed?
Re: Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 01/14/2014 01:43 AM CST
Add sandstorm to another spell that armor nature resistance does not protect against, while the armor has warrior fittings.

It does resist sandstorm damage when the fittings are removed.
Re: Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 01/14/2014 11:44 AM CST
Also, curiously, you had sandstorm player cast on you and the problem manifested, however you noted that it did not manifest on player cast spikethorn (versus fetish master spikethorn), correct? So you had fittings on your armor and you saw the deflection on player cast spike?

Why are vaespilons always smiling? Because they know what's about to happen next...
Re: Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 01/15/2014 02:09 AM CST
Yep, the fittings are almost always on and the armor protected against player spikethorn (but not fetish master spikes).
Re: Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 03/05/2014 11:24 AM CST
Thank you secret GM with the sneaky fix!

Nature resistance on armor is working with fetish master spikes.
Re: Nature resist armor + (temp damage padding||warrior slash resist) = Bad Day 03/07/2014 04:24 PM CST
Not working again :(