What is happening here 05/27/2013 02:09 PM CDT
>>A stone gargoyle leaps at you with amazing speed and accuracy.
You dodge wildly, missing being crushed, but the gargoyle bites you.<<

>>Your armor absorbs the damage.<<

I have not added any resistance to the armor. It's just FGB. My other character gets the same message in some warcamp found mbp. Is this the message when that attack fails?
Re: What is happening here 05/27/2013 02:36 PM CDT
Well, if I'm not mistaken FGB has some padding. HOWEVER, I think that might just be a standard thing in relation to that kind of attack. I'm pretty sure I've gotten that on my character that has no armor padding, but it might have been on my bard wearing sonic armor.
Re: What is happening here 05/27/2013 03:18 PM CDT

I have not added any resistance to the armor. It's just FGB. My other character gets the same message in some warcamp found mbp. Is this the message when that attack fails?

Gargs are old....very very old...they also destroy items.

I'd be willing to bet that if your armor wasn't enchanted that maneuver would have destroyed it.

Dgry
Re: What is happening here 05/27/2013 05:52 PM CDT
>but the gargoyle bites you.

>Your armor absorbs the damage.

It's the bite that the armor is absorbing.

It's a weird maneuver attack that has been in place forever. The closest thing thing I can compare it to is when armor can deflect/resist certain Maneuvers (cheapshot, etc). I've had it happen over the years in various sets of armor. Padding and whatnot don't factor in, just wearing armor as far as I've seen.

-farmer
>"Mine lights my character on fire and makes her all glowy." -Raelee