Changes? 04/30/2013 04:20 PM CDT
Has there been a change to armor or spell hindrances in the last 24 hours?

My sorcerer has been wearing the same full leather armor for the last decade (when I took it off today to INSPECT it was the first time he's taken it off in years) and I've NEVER had spell hindrance from it... and every chart I can find shows that ASG 6 armor shouldn't require any training in Armor Use to use it without spell hindrance. However, when I logged in today to take him hunting I had this happen twice (both times with spells from the sorcerer circle, 719 and 710):

You gesture at a putrefied Citadel herald.
[Spell Hindrance for some tooled inky black full leather is 5% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 3]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds

This is the armor in question:

>insp lea
You carefully inspect your inky black full leather.

Your careful inspection of some tooled inky black full leather allows you to conclude that it is soft leather armor that covers the torso and arms.

You determine that you could wear the leather around your chest. The leather appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.

At first I thought that my recent use of FIXSKILLs to switch over to a runestaff and see how I'd like it before the next one comes up in a couple weeks did something unintended, but then I remembered and confirmed that I never had any training in Armor Use and the only things I dropped was 61 ranks in OHE and Shield Use (and I didn't see any hindrance in all the hunting I did yesterday after I FIXSKILLed). So how the heck have I gone from having no hindrance to 5% overnight?

I've already talked myself into the idea that ditching my dagger and shield might be a good thing, but I'm gonna be severely annoyed if I have to ditch my armor as well.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Changes? 04/30/2013 04:31 PM CDT
Ok, nevermind.... I figured out what it was.... I'd put on an aventail yesterday when I was trying to make room in my pack for one last box then forgot to take it off...

Starchitin (cursing armor accessories)

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Changes? 04/30/2013 04:32 PM CDT
What are you wearing?

Most likely explanation is that you put on a helmet.