Maneuvers and ARMOR 04/04/2013 06:34 PM CDT
Since we got fancy new maneuvers, here's an ARMOR idea to help everyone.

Skill Name: Armor Dash
Mnemonic: mdash
Other Requirements: None
Available to Warriors, Rogues, Paladins
Prerequisites:
None
Armor point Cost:
Rank 1: 20
Rank 2: 25
Rank 3: 30
Rank 4: 35
Rank 5: 40

Description: Adjust a person's armor so that it is less of a hinderance when defending against maneuvers. Heavier armors see the most increase, lighter armors less so.

Skill Name: Armor Force
Mnemonic: mforce
Other Requirements: None
Available to Warriors, Rogues, Paladins
Prerequisites:
None
Armor point Cost:
Rank 1: 20
Rank 2: 25
Rank 3: 30
Rank 4: 35
Rank 5: 40
Description: Adjust a person's armor so that it becomes a benefit to executing a maneuver as well as increasing the damage done through skillful application of the weight and bulk of the worn armor. Lighter armors gain a +10 to CML roll scaling down by 2 the higher ASG you wear, and heavier armor wearers will notice an increase in the length of RT, stuns, immobilization on a target after a Cman/SHIELD skill is sucessfully used, that impacts the target with shield or body, with lighter armors seeing less benefit.

Both of these suggestions can be used in conjunction with Slash, Crush and Puncture protection, but not any of the others.

-farmer
Re: Maneuvers and ARMOR 04/04/2013 06:43 PM CDT
>a Cman/SHIELD skill is sucessfully used
Me

To be clear, this is anything from the Cman list OR the SHIELD Maneuver list, or guild skills.

-farmer
Re: Maneuvers and ARMOR 04/10/2013 07:34 PM CDT

I said it before i'll say it again hiding and stalking in full plate is like hiding and stalking with a base drum. Without an area of affect silence spell on the armor it can not and should not be easy.ya want to hide with a base drum ya stash it in a bush and hide behind the next bush,when they find yer drum and are looking at it ya ambush em!
Re: Maneuvers and ARMOR 04/10/2013 08:08 PM CDT
>> I said it before i'll say it again hiding and stalking in full plate is like hiding and stalking with a base drum. Without an area of affect silence spell on the armor it can not and should not be easy.ya want to hide with a base drum ya stash it in a bush and hide behind the next bush,when they find yer drum and are looking at it ya ambush em!

And if you were hiding amongst a procession of base drums, you'd fit right in!

Seriously though, the dynamics of hiding itself, is too ambiguous to make this kind of statement. The same can be said with armor.

Some would argue that your extensive armor training means you could have the skill to sneak in heavier armor.

Due to the dynamics of armored stealth, lighter armor already affords a much greater bonus to hiding. Someone who wears heavier armor will be much worse at hiding, and evasion, than someone in lighter armor. So I don't see the problem.

I am of the school of thought, though, that overtraining in armor, should make it as if you were wearing lighter armor (lighER, not light.), in regards to armor skills.