ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 02/27/2013 10:32 PM CST
Can ARMOR adjustments be changed to allow for demeanor?

Meaning, it doesn't seem right that a person whom you are Cold (demeanor-wise) to should be able to reach over and adjust your armor.

-farmer
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/08/2013 03:05 PM CST

I will second this.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/08/2013 10:55 PM CST
I know there are a few out there who prefer it the way it is now.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/09/2013 05:44 AM CST
>I know there are a few out there who prefer it the way it is now.

Well, the nice thing about the demeanor verb is how you can adjust it pretty finely. These people could have a less reserved demeanor for particular professions, or particular people. So it would be generally pretty easy to keep allowing the people they want to check their armor while keeping their colder demeanor.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/09/2013 09:26 PM CST
>I know there are a few out there who prefer it the way it is now.
TROUBLE13

Excluding the very reason for the requestion, why?

-farmer
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/10/2013 03:08 AM CDT
They like having their armor adjusted without having to change their demeanor, the same way quite a few would like to be able to get healing without changing it.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/10/2013 06:01 AM CDT
>They like having their armor adjusted without having to change their demeanor, the same way quite a few would like to be able to get healing without changing it.

Like I was saying....

>dem
Your demeanor is reserved.
You regard empaths with a neutral demeanor.

?Click DEMEANOR HELP for more information.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/10/2013 06:21 AM CDT
Now set a racial demneanor and see what happens. When both race and profession setting apply, you can't choose which should have preference. You may want to avoid dark-elf sorcerers and let dark elf healers heal you, but the demeanor settings won't let you.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/10/2013 06:30 AM CDT
>>Like I was saying....

I saw what you were saying but did you see what I was saying? Quite a few people out there would like to keep their reserved/cold demeanor and still get the healing they want. To some it is a hassle/annoyance/whatever, to change their demeanor every time they want healing then change it back.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/10/2013 11:38 AM CDT
>Quite a few people out there would like to keep their reserved/cold demeanor and still get the healing they want. To some it is a hassle/annoyance/whatever, to change their demeanor every time they want healing then change it back.
TROUBLE13

The difference in this situation is that a character with a reserved/cold demeanor has a choice to A)continue to be cold and refuse all healing with Demeanor, B)use Befriend to choose whom to heal them, or C)get healed from anyone, then go back to their reserved/cold demeanor and not be touched again (which is why many people use the Demeanor settings).

The character who has the reserved/cold demeanor has no choice whether or not their armor is adjusted or not since ARMOR ignores Demeanor/Befriend entirely.

It might be a hassle to change Demeanor settings, but it's still a choice that's there. There is none for ARMOR adjustments.

-farmer
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/10/2013 05:21 PM CDT
>The difference in this situation is that a character with a reserved/cold demeanor has a choice ...
-farmer

This exactly. I'd rather choose if my character with a cold demeanor would want someone rooting around under an armor concealer and adjusting gear. I don't see it any differently than the other interactive verbs you can control from your character's perspective using demeanor settings. If they ask you to adjust their armor, they can take the extra second to warm their demeanor up to you.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 03/15/2013 03:57 PM CDT
Anyone with a fancy red name, preferably someone with a hand in these systems, want to, or are able, to make a comment here?

-farmer
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 04/21/2013 08:27 PM CDT
>>Can ARMOR adjustments be changed to allow for demeanor?

Done. Note that being members of the same group trumps demeanor, however.
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 04/21/2013 09:11 PM CDT
>Done. Note that being members of the same group trumps demeanor, however.
Finros

Thank you sir

-farmer
Re: ARMOR adjustments and demeanor 04/24/2013 03:25 PM CDT

Awesome, thanks Finros!