Lesser Mana Potion 02/04/2018 12:04 PM CST
One little request...

It would be nice if the cool down on lesser mana potions showed up in Active Spells.

Thanks,

Chad, player of a few
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 02/04/2018 01:32 PM CST
Agreed! And the greater ones, too. (I kept trying to drink a new one during Duskruin Arena. Fortunately, you don't actually use a sip if you're in the cooldown, but it means your hand is busy not-holding a weapon/shield for that time...)
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/25/2018 03:51 PM CDT
Do these all have a single timer in common (i.e. cannot drink any of them, if you have any any of them too recently) or does each tier have their own timer (could drink a lesser, then a greater, then a full, because each of them counts only "others of the same")?

Thanks!
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/25/2018 07:04 PM CDT
I believe I tried two different ones last duskruin .... the experiment failed.

Same timer.

However, this time I'm using a greater mana-well potion AND a greater regeneration potion and it's a much better combo. I time it all carefully with renewing songs and a full mana bar.

One symbol of mana.
A couple PRAY commands

... and VOILA! No more deed-eating symbols of mana needed.

I carry a couple mana potions just in case, too. Because sometimes that mana pulse delay is wicked long!

I picked up my greater potions from Miss Sairai's shop in the Landing.

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 12:22 AM CDT
<... and VOILA! No more deed-eating symbols of mana needed.>

SACRIFICE and an ensorcelled runestaff are my preferred method of avoiding Symbol of Mana use....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 12:28 AM CDT
I am working on the runestaff still.

What in the world is Sacrifice?!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"

Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 06:16 AM CDT
>What in the world is Sacrifice?!

Sorcerer secret ability. They could tell you what it was, but then they'd have to Sacrifice you. It turns a dying critters soul into mana for the sorcerer.
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 12:09 PM CDT

A well-timed MANA PULSE can also get you what you need in the arena.
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 12:43 PM CDT
As a matter of fact it does, four or five times.

The issue is that I'm trying to use the potions for when I've already burnt through everything from the pulse.
(Things like "giant champions with 1k+ HPs" and "Disruption causes crits to random body parts" are not a happy-making combination.)
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 02:07 PM CDT
>It turns a dying critters soul into mana for the sorcerer.

I should experiment a couple times with song of terribad filching, I think I have time to do that in the arena this time.

I'm sure it is nowhere as horrible as Sacrifice, though. :)

Thank you for the explanation!

---
;tune towncrier

Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 02:08 PM CDT
> "Disruption causes crits to random body parts"

I keep sending heads flying and it does not seem to matter on those big bad boys. They keep on moving.

---
;tune towncrier

Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 02:23 PM CDT
I have gotten death crits on Champions--who are normally immune to them--but only by getting lucky and stacking on the same location. I think the shortest combat against one of them has been three (3) damaging casts: VibChant to smoke a shield/weapon, VibChant to smoke the other, and a single Disrupt to get the lucky "hit 'im again in the same place" result.

Given that there's, what, 13 locations available to be hit (LH LA LL RH RA RL A B C H N LE RE, not System), the odds of actually getting a duplicate are slim.
I almost want to say that I have only had it happen with VibChant results, but that may be memory playing me false.
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 02:31 PM CDT
"I should experiment a couple times with song of terribad filching, I think I have time to do that in the arena this time." -- Luxelle

Do you mean Unravel?
I've tried against a couple of the creatures, none seem to have more than about 20-30 mana, so hardly worth doing.
Still, load yourself up with a couple/three blue and/or crystal wands--I think crystal give more mana, 10th vs. 9th level spell--and drain those during that in-between time when your opponent has fallen but a new one has not yet been sent in.
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 04:34 PM CDT
> I've tried against a couple of the creatures, none seem to have more than about 20-30 mana, so hardly worth doing.

Yes, Unravel. And dang, how do they expect to win in the arena with only that little mana? :)

---
;tune towncrier

Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 08:10 PM CDT
I say again my last: score a couple of blue & crystal wands (maybe a friendly Mage to Duplicate them for you?) and use those.

TRUE, 'pray' gives you mana for no castRT... but it also cuts into your arena time.

And everything but the champions stuns, so you can do some (relatively) safe draining, if you need power.

Which would you rather have:
cast/get +30 (-13) == 17 net
renew/get +37 (-4) == 33 net
renew/get +22 (-4) == 18 net
and when the wand is gone, you're NET +68 mana...

or, not?
Re: Lesser Mana Potion 06/26/2018 08:21 PM CDT
No experiments for me! I sold off my last booklet since the thing I wanted to buy scaled out of reachability.

I can stay home and work on music and news again!! I feel like an entire weight is off my shoulder.

Also ... With a Mystic Focus, my arena runs were about 5minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less, but around there. That has lots of room for an Arena Prayer or more.

I will work out the crystal and wand stuff in my regular hunts. Arena is just a pressure cooker for me.

---
;tune towncrier