a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/09/2018 07:55 PM CST
Does anyone know what recipe calls for a violet Ithzir bezoar?

I found one on a minotaur and had no idea what it was until I appraised it at the alchemist on a lark and they offered me 2422 silvers for it. I'm assuming it's pretty rare since it hasn't been added to the list of ingredients on the wiki yet (but will be after I hit post), so if anyone needs it they can send a message to my play.net or get Hesha's attention in game (I don't use Lich, so don't waste your time with that... always have an amulet rubbed though).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/10/2018 02:39 AM CST
I would be curious to know on that, too. I have a recipe in my prime wizard's book that uses a bezoar and that I don 't see on the wiki, too, so I wonder if other bezoars are similar? Here is that recipe for reference:

Spirit beast uncommon accuracy potion

Add water
Add bestial fragment
Simmer
Add spirit beast common accuracy potion
Infuse mana
Add saffron bezoar
Boil

_ _ _
Myasara says, "Raining rocks down on my city was not the best course of action."
Re: a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/10/2018 07:27 PM CST
Thanks for sharing!

Can a NIR confirm that recipes such as this can actually be found via research in the library? Every time I try doing research I seem to get the same tired recipes over and over...

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/11/2018 04:33 PM CST

Likewise, I have found an emerald stone giant bezoar.

Appraises for the same amount at the alchemist. Loresong reveals it to be an alchemy ingredient. No one has a clue what it does.
Re: a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/13/2018 07:12 AM CST
>Can a NIR confirm that recipes such as this can actually be found via research in the library? Every time I try doing research I seem to get the same tired recipes over and over...

>-- Robert

Yes there are a formulas that uses bezoars. I do not see any reason why they couldn't be learned through the library.

BRANDTJRT has provided a clue to what they may be used for. <grin>

One thing to note, is that the color of the bezoar is what is important and not the creature it comes from.

~Contemplar~
Re: a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/13/2018 11:30 AM CST
>> One thing to note, is that the color of the bezoar is what is important and not the creature it comes from.

Good information to know!

I'll give the Library system a try again for a few evenings in the coming week.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/13/2018 03:47 PM CST
That is good to know for the details. Also, I actually was taught that recipe from the master expert guy, not from the library, though I have no notes on when other than it was in Zul Logoth since that's where that wizard lives.

_ _ _
Myasara says, "Raining rocks down on my city was not the best course of action."
Re: a violet Ithzir bezoar 01/14/2018 08:31 AM CST

Add golden to the possible colors: a golden griffon bezoar (yep griffon not griffin).

:D