Alchemy Requests 06/01/2017 11:43 AM CDT
I'd like to request that lesser luck talismans allow ground green malachite stones to be used in addition to whole stones.

I'd also like to request that all guilds sell the following components:
glowing violet mote of essence
glowing violet essence shard
radiant crimson mote of essence
radiant crimson essence shard
radiant crimson essence dust

There is no Solhaven guild, but maybe the River's Rest or Teras Isle guilds could sell lumps of grey ambergris.
Re: Alchemy Requests 06/02/2017 12:28 PM CDT
I don't think the first request will happen. Doesn't make sense given how the talisman is constructed.

Those ingredients won't be put in guild shops - based on what we found out about the greater elemental essences recently, I'd have to believe that these drops are also rationed to some degree. (probably not as severely as the greater essences though)

Agree on lumps of grey ambergris though.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Alchemy Requests 06/02/2017 12:35 PM CDT
My other suggestion was going to be, any stone noun in place of green malachite stones. Scrap all the specific gems as part of the recipe and allow any gem of the same noun, because there are hundreds of gems in this game and it's super tedious/annoying to farm specific gems.

I think all components should be available for sale, even if they're super expensive.

One of the worst things about alchemy is having to track down 1 specific thing. And then that 1 specific thing will be very rarely dropped.

I'd also like to see nymphs/sirens/etc drop a hair on every kill, more like a skin, than a random drop. It should be 1 kill/1 drop for every component that comes from a certain creature.
Re: Alchemy Requests 06/02/2017 12:37 PM CDT
>> I think all components should be available for sale, even if they're super expensive.

I'd like to see this solved by up-functioning playershops, which hopefully will happen once they get the reclamation process stabilized. If it's easier for players to sell gems, there should ostensibly be more available.
Re: Alchemy Requests 06/02/2017 12:55 PM CDT
I used to put green malachite stones up for sale in my shop. I can start doing that again. (someone will need to run the playershop update script on FWI though!)

I always see sprite and nymph hairs in the alchemy pawnshops - siren hairs are harder to find, but I wouldn't do a greater luck talisman except for a skilled master rep. (from what I remember, you get 10000 silver for those from a skilled master, which easily covers the cost.)

With the new gold ring rules, it's easy enough to check two or three towns' alchemy pawnshops also. The FWI alchemy pawnshop (if you have access) also has some of the more rare things there - some people sell their finds there.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Alchemy Requests 06/02/2017 01:23 PM CDT

>green malachite stones

email me at my play.net, I've got hundreds.
Re: Alchemy Requests 06/02/2017 01:26 PM CDT
>I think all components should be available for sale, even if they're super expensive.

Then alchemy would be nothing more than a scripting exercise, which I disagree with. It's a long-term endeavour, but it's infinitely easier now than it has ever been. As other people have suggested, try asking around for help.