Greater Essence request 03/19/2017 12:03 PM CDT
Can we have the greater essences of <element> be given a different name than the standard 'essence of <element>'? At present there is no way to differentiate between a greater essence of fire and an essence of fire (for example). In both cases I have to type GET ESSENCE OF FIRE FROM MY BAG and see which one comes out (or remember the order I put them in my bag and hope that the game hasn't flipped them for some reason).

My recommendation would be to have the greater essences be known as 'Greater <element>.
> Get essence of fire.--> You remove an essence of fire from in your leather bag.
> Get greater fire.--> You remove a greater essence of fire from in your leather bag.

The current naming convention for greater essences will only lead to sadness down the road for alchemists when they use the incorrect ingredient due to naming issues (especially given the current recipes require both ingredients to be used in the correct sequence to be successful).

Thanks!

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Greater Essence request 03/19/2017 12:26 PM CDT
I would think "essence of greater <element>" would work just fine.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Greater Essence request 03/19/2017 01:49 PM CDT
You can script workrounds using RUMMAGE rather than GET but it gets very involved if you want to grab standard items out of a pile that might include greaters rather than vice versa. Giving two things the same /15/15 is something that should be trapped by QC but there several have made it into the game.
Re: Greater Essence request 03/19/2017 04:37 PM CDT
I went ahead and bugged this in game as well.

bugitem essence of water;'greater essence of <element>'s have the same exact 15/15/15 description as 'essence of <element>'s. Can we have some sort of differentiation added?

I did this for greater essence of water, I'll also do this for the other greater essence of elements as I come across them again.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!