Cauldron Task Bug 03/10/2017 12:06 PM CST
I had to just walk away from my recipe in progress. Any chance this could be looked into / corrected?

>gld
You are a member of the Cleric Guild.
You are current with your dues and must check in again sometime in the next 26 days.
You currently have 0 task trading vouchers.
You currently have 135 ranks out of a possible 157 for your training.

You have 60 ranks in the General Alchemy skill.
You need 74 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to follow some tough recipes and create some items.
You have 11 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 21 ranks in the Alchemic Potions skill.
You need 98 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to visit the cauldron workshop and practice making solutions with your chant ability.
You have 6 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 57 ranks in the Alchemic Trinkets skill.
You need 47 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to visit the cauldron workshop and practice making solutions with your chant ability.
You have 4 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

Trinket Recipe: Greater Lichbane Talisman

trinket oil (pearlescent oil)
3x small enruned bone
CHANT HEROISM (215)
SIMMER
fragrant white lily
INFUSE MANA
powdered white sunstone
REFRACT SUNLIGHT through Diamond Lens
Pristine sprite's hair
BOIL

[Cleric Guild, Cauldron]
An enormous cast iron cauldron with thick, hinged ring handles dominates the training room. Sturdy metal hanging arms attached to a trammel are positioned above the fire pit, ready to adjust the height of the cauldron. Rough wooden stirring paddles, spyders, pokers, and hooks are neatly arranged along the wall, within easy reach.
Obvious exits: out

>look in caul
The cast iron cauldron is currently lit. So far, you've added trinket oil and 3 doses of small enruned bone, chanted Heroism, simmered it, added fragrant white lily, infused mana, and added powdered white sunstone.

>alchemy refract
You should remain disciplined in your studies and stick with the task the Training Administrator gave you.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Cauldron Task Bug 03/10/2017 12:18 PM CST

>I had to just walk away from my recipe in progress. Any chance this could be looked into / corrected?

refracts can only be done in the alchemy workshops, so you're supposed to do a different recipe, like blue crystals.
Re: Cauldron Task Bug 03/10/2017 12:20 PM CST
>> refracts can only be done in the alchemy workshops, so you're supposed to do a different recipe, like blue crystals.

Why? Is this intentional or an oversight?

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Cauldron Task Bug 03/10/2017 12:25 PM CST

>Why? Is this intentional or an oversight?

while I can't make an official statement as to Naos' intentions, the cauldron rooms were never coded for the sunlight/moonlight. Getting those rooms built outside of the guilds is impossible (I've tried), so I'm betting there's a huge coding issue there.
Re: Cauldron Task Bug 03/10/2017 02:48 PM CST
I would imagine based on the messaging in the workshops that its intentional that you have to be in one to use a lense to refract. The messaging is something along the lines of "you gather one of the unused alembics blah blah blah" in the workshop room. I agree it sucks. It'd be nice to refract wherever I'm working.