Wizard Alchemy: a sparkling shard of reflective soulstone 04/14/2016 10:51 PM CDT
A new alchemical formula for crafting a sparkling shard of elemental soulstone has been released. More detailed notes on the formula and its crafting requirements can be found here. https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Sparkling_shard_of_reflective_soulstone

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Wizard Alchemy: a sparkling shard of reflective soulstone 04/15/2016 07:13 AM CDT
>Add essence of air
>Add essence of earth
>Add essence of fire
>Add essence of water

Well, that makes sense!

>Add gleaming multicolored soulstone

Oof, I knew it wouldn't be that easy. And all my extra soulstones have 100 souls in them, too :(

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Wizard Alchemy: a sparkling shard of reflective soulstone 04/15/2016 11:30 AM CDT
I take it back. I found an empty soulstone on one of my alts.

o_O

Someone might have gotten a little soulstone happy when they were free...

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Wizard Alchemy: a sparkling shard of reflective soulstone 04/17/2016 11:57 AM CDT
I was fortunate enough to be able to participate (as a late attendee) in one of the initial discussions on this alchemy release. So there may be some spoilers for people that want to discover everything for themselves but also there will be some good clarification that may be useful to folks as well.

I tried to edit my notes down to the most interesting information.

[A Windswept Island]
The distant cry of seagulls and the soft lap of waves against the shore ease the otherwise desolate loneliness of this small patch of sand in the middle of the sea. A few scrubby patches of grass cling stubbornly to the loose substrate and a small handful of palm trees supply a minimal amount of shelter from the chilly sea breezes. Far off in the distance, the lights from a ship can be seen bobbing above the waves. You also see an angular fire wyrdling, a ruffled long-winged falcon, a smoldering fire wyrdling, the fiery red Sarenne disk, a grey wolf that is sitting and a warped driftwood arch.
Also here: Great Lord Rovvigen, Ordim, Lady Sairai, Sarenne, Enzick, Ship's Alchemist Thris
Obvious paths: none

Faulkil arrives late after sneaking out of service night early.

>look thris
You see Ship's Alchemist Thris.
She appears to be a Halfling.
She is tiny and appears to be young. She has sea green eyes and ruddy skin. She has cropped, sun bleached tawny hair worn in tangled, bead-weighted locks. She has a dainty face, a crooked nose and wild smattering of freckles.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a sunbleached kerchief, a knotted sailcloth haversack, a soft linen bodice, a layered handkerchief skirt, and a pair of twisted rope sandals.

Thris says, "That's when we get to the interesting bits."

Sarenne asks, "This is amazing.... so we can jump back and forth between elements?"
Speaking to Sarenne, Thris exclaims, "I'm getting to that!"

Thris says, "Now, what this shard is is a KEY."
Thris says, "A key to a testing ground."

Speaking to you, Thris says, "I haven't shared the recipe yet, as I'm going through what it does, first."
Speaking to you, Thris says, "So you are still in good time."

Thris says, "To enter the testing ground, seek out an elemental confluence of the type you are already attuned to."

Thris says, "While wearing the shard, PUSH on the point of elemental instability WITH the shard."

Thris says, "It will take you to a special section of the confluence where you will be tested via combat to prove your worth."

Thris says, "Death is an option. Victory is the preferable option! Retreat is also an option."

Thris says, "If you die during testing, you will be returned back through the point of instability, where you can be rescued at your rescuer's leisure."
Thris starts chortling.

Enzick darkly asks, "So anyone can use these crystals?"
Thris nods at Enzick.

Speaking to Enzick, Thris says, "Any who wish to undertake the trial to change their attunement can do so."
Thris says, "But only wizards can craft the shards."

Speaking to Sarenne, Thris says, "You must kill the opponent."
Sarenne stares off into space.
Speaking to Sarenne, Thris says, "Or die trying."
Sarenne flutters her wings, stirring the air slightly.

Enzick darkly asks, "So the point of doing so is to change attunement?"
Thris nods at Enzick.

Thris says, "If you are successful, the shard will crumble, and you will be awarded the option to reattune."
Thris says, "If, later on, you wish to reattune again, the process of acquiring a shard, binding it, and entering the testing grounds must be repeated BUT..."

Thris says, "Subsequent attempts after each successful win requires a steeper entrance fee."
Thris points at her sparkling shard.
Enzick darkly asks, "So kill more elementals?"

You ask, "Payable to Faulkil?"
Thris says, "Where you must fill the shard with elemental energy."
Thris nods at Enzick.

You look at Thris and hum.
Thris starts chortling at you!
Speaking to you, Thris exclaims, "If you can convince them, I cannae stop you!"

Sarenne asks, "So, the first time, we fill the shard with killing just one creature?"
Thris says, "You bind the shard just by killing one element."
Thris says, "If this is your second, third, or even more attempt on the quest, you will need to kill challenging elementals to fill the shard with elemental energy."

Sarenne asks, "Silly question... but does element need to be the type you wish to try and attune to?"
Speaking to Sarenne, Thris says, "No."
Speaking to Sarenne, Thris says, "The point of instability must lead to the element you are attuned to, though."

Speaking to you, Thris says, "It will crumble after you have completed your trials. On subsequent enterings, you can see if it contains enough energy by LOOKing at it, or DETECTing it."

Thris says, "The recipe is as follows."
Thris says, "It's actually quite simple."
Thris says, "In your cauldron, you will start with crystalline solution."
Thris says, "You will then one each of the four elemental essences."
Thris says, "Infuse the solution with mana, and then add an elemental soulstone."
Thris says, "Chant Enchant Item, and then seal."
Thris says, "It is quite a simple Trinket formula."

Speaking to Thris, you ask, "Easy enough for an adept to make?"
You ask, "Or only a master?"

Thris says, "As long as you know how to infuse and chant, and have a trivial amount of Trinkets training, you can complete it."

Speaking to Thris, you ask, "And since I did arrive late. When first made it needs to be charged or it is ready to find a confluence to begin your test right out of the cauldron?"
Speaking to you, Thris says, "Right out of the cauldron, you only need kill ONE elemental of any type or level to bind it to you, and then you can run off to a confluence right away."

Thris says, "After that, you will be required to fill it with elemental energy."
Thris says, "For your second attempt at reattunement."

Speaking to Thris, you exclaim, "Thank you for clarifying and for sharing!"
Thris curtsies to you.
Thris grins impishly.

Thris asks, "Are there any other questions before I get myself rowed back to the Spitfire?"
Thris says, "Well, if there are no more questions."
Thris says, "I'll be hitting my hammock."

Thris throws a fireball up into the air! Within a few moments, a rowboat appears which Thris hops lightly into. It pulls swiftly away towards the ship in the distance.

The important message to take from the above is that if you are attempting this a 2nd or later time, you must contact Faulkil to pay your entrance fee before attempting your quest. Oh, and sometimes it pays to read peoples tag-lines as well, just saying...

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Thris says, "If I get my notes together in time, maybe I can get sparklers formulated before summertime."
Re: Wizard Alchemy: a sparkling shard of reflective soulstone 04/17/2016 12:06 PM CDT
Interesting. I wonder if GWE work as 'charging elementals'.

Doug
Re: Wizard Alchemy: a sparkling shard of reflective soulstone 04/18/2016 04:40 AM CDT

They do