Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 11:36 AM CST
Hello, everybody.

I've made some updates so that alchemical dyes can be used to dye your cobbling uppers. Alchemical dyes can be crafted via alchemy, and modified using the dye additives also crafted via alchemy.

In addition, I've made it so that the bitty samples of dye you purchase at the dyer's tents can be exchanged for a pourable bottle. Simply ORDER BOTTLE in the ordering area while holding your purchased sample, and the dyer will exchange it for a matching alchemical dye that can, again, be modified via additives and used with cobbling uppers.

In addition to this, Gamemaster Vanah has made it so that fletching paintsticks and paints work with alchemical dyes as well.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 11:42 AM CST
We're looking into scrolls and runestones. What else do you want to be able to dye that you can't right now?

~Vanah
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 11:43 AM CST

!!!!

Christmas already.
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 11:46 AM CST
>>Christmas already.

It certainly feels that way. Thank you for the great updates today.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 11:48 AM CST
<We're looking into scrolls and runestones. What else do you want to be able to dye that you can't right now?

I would like to be able to dye bundles of wooden arrows purchased at the archery shops. We could then e-blade them and color them to match the type of e-blade. Or, when multiple archers in the same room are using wooden arrows we could differentiate each others arrows when gathering them for re-bundling.

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 11:58 AM CST

>We're looking into scrolls and runestones. What else do you want to be able to dye that you can't right now?

I've always been able to dye scrolls, just not the ones that were not 15/15/15

I've also dyed smooth stones in the past, maybe before they were turned into runestones.

for the list: spirit beast talismans
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 12:31 PM CST

another question: can the cobbling dyes be used on other things now?
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 01:33 PM CST
You are awesome, thank you so much!
I was wondering though, the alchemy and dyer tent dyes used to be usable for cobbling, but the first word of the color would be lost (so emerald green would end up just green), was this something that you fixed with this update?
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 02:16 PM CST
>>I was wondering though, the alchemy and dyer tent dyes used to be usable for cobbling, but the first word of the color would be lost (so emerald green would end up just green), was this something that you fixed with this update?

If you use the pour-able bottles, yes.

-KEIOS

Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 02:20 PM CST
>another question: can the cobbling dyes be used on other things now?

Not directly, but you may now take cobbling dye to the dyer's tents and ORDER BOTTLE to get a dye that you will then be able to use on other stuff. The color restrictions on cobbling dye was a little different, so if you run into anything wonky please let us know.

~Vanah
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 02:26 PM CST

>Not directly, but you may now take cobbling dye to the dyer's tents and ORDER BOTTLE to get a dye that you will then be able to use on other stuff. The color restrictions on cobbling dye was a little different, so if you run into anything wonky please let us know.

nice :D
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 03:22 PM CST
>>I would like to be able to dye bundles of wooden arrows purchased at the archery shops. We could then e-blade them and color them to match the type of e-blade. Or, when multiple archers in the same room are using wooden arrows we could differentiate each others arrows when gathering them for re-bundling.

This should be working now. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

-KEIOS

Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 03:40 PM CST
Wow...you are quick! I'll check it out and get back to you with any problems, if any.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/08/2014 05:34 PM CST
This is awesome! Thanks for the update.
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/09/2014 09:54 AM CST
Fantastic. Now taking dye orders!

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/09/2014 07:53 PM CST
Thank you! Is there any way to access the color list available via the rogue and warrior guilds (for lockmastery and warrior sheaths)?
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/10/2014 12:24 AM CST
>>Thank you! Is there any way to access the color list available via the rogue and warrior guilds (for lockmastery and warrior sheaths)?

Try krakii
Re: Alchemical Dyes 11/10/2014 01:37 AM CST
Thanks, but I meant that not all of the dye colors from the rogue and warrior guilds are available via the alchemy system or the dyer's tent. It would be great if there was some way to obtain those colors, either via a sample from the guilds or some other method. Or a way to request custom colors from the cobbling workshops that could be approved and sold in general.
Re: Alchemical Dyes 10/22/2015 08:17 PM CDT

>Not directly, but you may now take cobbling dye to the dyer's tents and ORDER BOTTLE to get a dye that you will then be able to use on other stuff. The color restrictions on cobbling dye was a little different, so if you run into anything wonky please let us know.

First EG since this update and I LOVE that I can order bottle with the festival cobbling dyes :)

You remove a vial of golden apricot dye from in your wand holster.
>order bot
A disgruntled clerk snatches the dye out of your hands and stomps off, momentarily returning with a new vial to thrust into your hands. A disgruntled clerk grumbles, "There! Be careful wid dat. Iff'n ya ruin yer stuff, dun come runnin' ta me wid da cleanin' bill."