broken clear dye base recipe? 10/04/2014 12:42 AM CDT
My cleric was taught this over a year ago:

Haukragg asks, "Why don't I teach you how to make coppery dye, hmm?" He takes you aside and instructs you on the proper method of making coppery dye.

The recipe given is as follows: add clear dye base, add 5 doses of mashed coppery rain lily, simmer, add powdered copper fang and boil.

Haukragg adds, "Hmm, I suppose you should know how to make clear dye base as well." He flips through the pages of a few tomes before nodding to himself. "Ah, yes, of course," he mutters and begins to instruct you on the proper method of making clear dye base.

The recipe given is as follows: add water, add 4 doses of ground murdroot, add 2 doses of t'ayanad crystal, simmer, add powdered waxy grey caederine, add s'ayanad crystal, boil, add farlook vitreous humor and infuse mana.

Here is Drafix's attempt to make it: http://pastebin.com/tRgtdaXp

what he did looks right to me.
Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/04/2014 05:09 AM CDT
The other known version of the recipe (that's known to work) has a lump of grey ambergris instead of the caederine. It also doesn't have an s'ayanad crystal. And generally, alternate recipes are symmetrical.

I wonder if the s'ayanad crystal is the problem.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/06/2014 10:01 PM CDT

Bueller?
Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/07/2014 03:52 AM CDT
This recipe didn't work for me either (despite the fact that the trainers and libraries both still teach it), and when I ask the masters about it:

>ask vidya about update
Vidya takes the blue leather codex from you and begins to flip through its pages.
Vidya says, "I see this recipe you have written down for clear dye base, but I don't recognize it at all. I'll notify my superiors about it, but you should likely make an inquiry on the Alchemy message boards."
Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/07/2014 09:37 AM CDT
While not an answer to your recipe question, this version of clear dye base definitely does work as I made some just a week or so back:

- Add clear water
- Add 4 ground murdroot
- Add powdered lump of grey ambergris
- BOIL
- Add 2 t'ayanad crystals
- Add farlook vitreous humor
- INFUSE MANA
- SEAL

-- Robert
Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/07/2014 10:17 AM CDT

>While not an answer to your recipe question, this version of clear dye base definitely does work as I made some just a week or so back:

yes, I know, I rewrote the whole damn category on krakiipedia. the point is for a GM to acknowledge the issue and say, "hey, we're working on it"

while we may not see any new development on alchemy, it's pretty sad if it's completely abandoned while problems with seemingly simple fixes like this are still out there.
Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/07/2014 03:46 PM CDT
>>Haukragg adds, "Hmm, I suppose you should know how to make clear dye base as well." He flips through the pages of a few tomes before nodding to himself. "Ah, yes, of course," he mutters and begins to instruct you on the proper method of making clear dye base.

>>The recipe given is as follows: add water, add 4 doses of ground murdroot, add 2 doses of t'ayanad crystal, simmer, add powdered waxy grey caederine, add s'ayanad crystal, boil, add farlook vitreous humor and infuse mana.

The recipe given to you for the clear dye base should now be working.

Please let me know if there are any further issues.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/07/2014 04:09 PM CDT

>The recipe given to you for the clear dye base should now be working.

>Please let me know if there are any further issues.

muchas gracias. much easier to get caederine than whale barf
Re: broken clear dye base recipe? 10/08/2014 03:59 PM CDT
Sweet. Thanks Keios.

(are we allowed to adopt you as the Alchemy "guru", or at least the person that'll develop new and fun recipes? :) )

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."