Alchemy Simmer rep issue 04/24/2011 12:47 AM CDT
Good Evening all,
I'm hoping you can help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have 6 reps of alchemy simmer. I just started alchemy so I looked up recipes with simmer in them and went for tincture of tkaro. I got some tkaro root, water and my cauldron. I put the water in, added the root and simmered and finished with seal. I got a successful tincture and no rep. I tried this in the workshop and even in front of the trainer but after 9 tinctures I have no reps. What am I missing?
Re: Alchemy Simmer rep issue 04/24/2011 05:06 AM CDT
Posting the output from the GLD command (which shows what tasks you have and how many ranks you have in each skill) would help diagnose what is going on.

The guild system is not perfect at deciding which skill you are working on when you have multiple tasks, e.g. if you have boil on one and simmer on another, you can get failed boils rather than successful simmers. If that is happening you need to finish the boil task on the other skill before you can get simmer reps.

Recipes have a limit in ranks where they will stop working for reps, though if you just started you shouldn't be there yet.
Re: Alchemy Simmer rep issue 04/24/2011 09:51 AM CDT
Also check your task as shown by the GLD command and see if it says you're tasked with using one of the training cauldrons. If so you have to make sure you go to the training cauldrons first and use the cauldron that is there already.
Re: Alchemy Simmer rep issue 04/24/2011 10:43 PM CDT
AHA thanks, I apparently needed the training cauldrons not my own. :)