A Temporary Plum-Colored Hair Dye 01/01/2011 08:39 PM CST
I've been having trouble with a recipe, and I was hoping someone could help, please.

Curunor asks, "Why don't I teach you how to make temporary plum-colored hair dye, hmm?" He takes you aside and instructs you on the proper method of making temporary plum-colored hair dye. The recipe given is as follows: add hair dye base, add 2 doses of mashed juicy plum, add powdered violet sapphire, add black dreamstone and simmer.

He goes on to teach me also how to make temporary hair dye base, and murdroot extract. I didn't have my tome on me... 1st time ever, go figure... so I race to my locker before the assistant can even set up the cauldron following, and grab my tome to jot down the new recipe... took me maybe all of ten seconds... and when I opened it and tried to WRITE TOME, it said I had no new recipes... so I proceed to make myself the base. It works, I jot it in my tome. I gather the ingredients for the plum hair dye, though not being on Teras, it takes me a couple weeks to get 3 dreamstones.

Excited to have all the ingredients, I race to try it, do it EXACTLY, to the letter, looking in the cauldron after each addition and alchemy instruction, and it fails... I'm dumbfounded. I check and double check myself... Nope. I did it exactly as he said. So I think, okay, perhaps the dreamstone needs to be ground, too... I grind the second one, and try again. Failure. I think, okay, one dreamstone left. Let's do it again, exactly as he said, and just make SURE... step by step, I add, and look in... everything goes fine until I add the final ingredient, the dreamstone, and I look in the cauldron, and it has moved it up to being the second item I put in the cauldron when I look in. I think, this is odd, but I remember a past post in the forum where someone had said it didn't matter what order you put them in before the alchemy instruction, as long as all in that spot got put in before boiling/simmering/infusing/etc..., so I think maybe it'll be okay, since I have not simmered it yet... No. Failure. Three dreamstones... three failures. UGH.

Could you perhaps look into this recipe, please, and make sure it is correct? I'd really appreciate it, please, since I am baffled (though collecting more dreamstones to continue trying regardless).

Thanks,
~Dolchai's Poison Provider
Re: A Temporary Plum-Colored Hair Dye 01/02/2011 07:27 AM CST
Without seeing a log of you trying it, or knowing what you see in the cauldron, I have no idea. Only thing I can think of from what you posted, is were the dreamstones black?
Re: A Temporary Plum-Colored Hair Dye 01/02/2011 07:33 AM CST
While I am not saying you did anything different than the recipe indicated, can you post what it looked like inside your cauldron just before sealing it the first time as well? I'm not familiar with this particular recipe but I'm sure there others that read this forum that are and this would be useful information to see.

Regards,

-- Robert
Re: A Temporary Plum-Colored Hair Dye 01/02/2011 10:31 AM CST
It's a new recipe. First time I'm seeing it.

Definitely need to see the cauldron before and after simmering to see what's going on.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: A Temporary Plum-Colored Hair Dye 01/03/2011 10:25 PM CST
Hmmmm.

One of the perks of my fancy auction animated cauldron is that it detects wrong recipes (i.e you cannot place anything in the cauldron that is not the exact correct ingredient for said recipe).

Thus, it'd be interesting to see what the cauldron does with this recipe. Maybe something needs to be ground or powdered (or not), and just didn't display it in the original teaching.

I'd be willing to help out, although I am extremely lazy and don't really want to run around collecting ingredients.

Someone can AIM me at Rimalon48 if the stuff is collected and you want to experiment...

Just sayin'!

-Sea Wizard

You reach into the cauldron and take out a silvery monogram rocket.
The cauldron raises up two of its legs and clasps them in victory.