Ta'Illistim Alchemy Bottles 08/04/2013 02:56 PM CDT
I'm not sure of which folder to post this in, so I will try this one and Ta'Illistim. I am having a problem with the alchemy bottles purchased in the alchemist's shop there, as demonstrated below:

>look in chest
In the deep chest you see a clear crystal cauldron, a bundle of black eyes, a tapered brown glass bottle, an opalescent violet glass bottle, a tapered dark glass bottle, a dark brown narrow-necked bottle, a tapered black glass bottle, a swirled rainbow glass bottle, a tapered brass glass bottle, a tapered chrome glass bottle, a tall silver-streaked bottle, a gold-flecked blue glass jar, a laje-rimmed indigo glass jar, a gold-flecked brass glass jar, a gold-flecked black glass jar, a vaalin-rim cerulean glass jar, a kelyn-rimmed goldenrod glass jar, a gold-flecked red glass jar, a gold-flecked azure glass jar, an opalescent yellow glass jar, a brass-rimmed scarlet glass jar, a large octagonal glass jar, a mottled ten-sided glass jar, an opalescent grey glass jar, a gold-flecked blue glass jar, a kelyn-rimmed goldenrod glass jar, an invar-rimmed amethyst glass jar and an ora-riveted argent canvas knapsack.

>get brown bottle
Get what?

>get glass bot
You remove a tapered brown glass bottle from in a deep chest.

The color of the bottle is not registering for sorting purposes. This makes organizing very hard, especially when you are dealing with a lot of bottles. Instead of going by color, you have to "get fifth glass bottle," "get sixth glass bottle," etc. Very inconvenient.

This only seems to happen with the bottles purchased in Ta'Illistim. Bottles and jars purchased anywhere else can be sorted by color. Is there any way this can be fixed and that the fix can apply to bottles already purchased? I have quite a few of them.

Thanks,

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Ta'Illistim Alchemy Bottles 08/04/2013 06:07 PM CDT
Have you tried using rummage? You can get round quite a few limitations of the normal GS parsings if you rummage for things rather than get them.

I don't know if it would work for what you want here, but I use identical jars for everything and grab all gems and alchemy stuff using rummage ingredient.
Re: Ta'Illistim Alchemy Bottles 08/04/2013 06:56 PM CDT
Thanks, Rathboner. I don't think rummage will work with lockers, though.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Ta'Illistim Alchemy Bottles 08/04/2013 07:26 PM CDT
Rummage does work in lockers. I keep lockers full of gems in identical bottles and just rummage for the gem. It's particularly helpful because you can rummage by any letters in the description, e.g. RUMMAGE RH will return either pink rhodochrosite stones or golden rhimar-bloom, whichever's closest.
Re: Ta'Illistim Alchemy Bottles 08/04/2013 07:38 PM CDT
I should have added that you have to rummage in the particular compartment where the jars are. So if you put all your jars in the chest, you have to RUMMAGE CHEST INGREDIENT RH
Re: Ta'Illistim Alchemy Bottles 08/04/2013 08:51 PM CDT
Thanks, Wyn. I'd still like to see the jars fixed, but that is good to know.

--David