Reducing failures in the training cauldron 02/11/2013 10:48 AM CST
All,

Is there any training to reduce the failure when using the training cauldron?

As a level 50ish empath, I never noticed before, but I just returned from an 18 month hiatus. I had plenty of mana, so rarely ran out on the infuse tasks in the cauldron.

Channel spirit tasks are much more painful. I'm human, but remember the spirit regen of a dwarf cleric (paladin now), and it's painfully slow. I do use mana bread, and was just reminded that empaths can medidate now, but is there any way to reduce the failure to begin with?

I'm 1x magic item use, 1x arcane symbols, and 64 total ranks in mana control, but those ranks are spread across elemental, spiritual, and mental.

Any way to remove or improve on the regular 4-5 failures in a row at 2 spirit each?

Thanks,

Kadishmal, player of.
Re: Reducing failures in the training cauldron 02/11/2013 11:09 AM CST
from Krakiipedia:

"Global factors for success include guild rank difference (newly learned abilities are more difficult to practice) and your discipline bonus. Factors for success when attempting SIMMER or BOIL, also include your logic bonus and Magical Item Use training. For the remaining, unnamed abilities also include your profession's primary mana stat and relevant Mana Control training"

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy

Other tips for saving your sanity:

while waiting for spirit, take a break. Step away from the computer, do some pushups and crunches, meditate, read a book.
Re: Reducing failures in the training cauldron 02/11/2013 11:17 AM CST
With only 64 ranks in mana controls, you're going to suffer with the training cauldron. Empaths should be 1x in MMC and SMC for best results.
Re: Reducing failures in the training cauldron 02/11/2013 11:38 AM CST
Hrm... I think you're right.

I had read the article before, and remembered thinking that the mana control would affect infuse, but didn't seem to fit that it would mess with channel, and I had plenty of MUI/AS.

However, as clerics need 24 ranks of SMC (at least, they used to...) to raise successfully, I guess it does apply to spirit as well.

I'll bump up both SMC and MMC and see what happens.

Thanks!