Good source of ambergris 08/02/2011 01:32 PM CDT
All,

Is there a good source of ambergris, either a beast to hunt or tucked away in one of the guild shops?

I want to make some dyes, both for amusement, RP, and possibly getting reps. As it's used in most of the dyes and dye additives, I would hope it's somewhat... maybe not easy, but able to come by.

I tried greater kappa's briefly the other night (made sense to me.. they're somewhat whale-like), but couldn't get any to spawn. (only had 10 minutes thought.. but I thought that was a long wait).

Thanks,

Kad.
Re: Good source of ambergris 08/02/2011 10:51 PM CDT
According to the five minutes of research I did with Google, I'm going to suggest Sol Haven and River's Rest.

A black-billed nightingale examines you carefully then says, "With all the vicious creatures we've got threatening the city, I would think that a person with your skills could find plenty to do."
Re: Good source of ambergris 08/03/2011 11:51 AM CDT
I found the shelfae were a fairly reliable source over the long term but I agree with Fontenotp, pretty much anywhere towards the coast in Solhaven works.
Re: Good source of ambergris 08/03/2011 05:52 PM CDT
I wonder if ambergris is given the same alchemy overhunting protection as other required components.