Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/13/2013 04:48 PM CDT
The safe haven of Cysaegir will be holding the Persimmon Festival next month, an aelotian celebration honoring the autumnal harvest.

The festivities are the fall counterpart to the Dragonfly Festival, traditionally observed in the springtime. Peaceful and tolerant visitors are invited to join in the merriment.

Merchants and shops will open their doors for customers beginning on the 20th and are scheduled to remain in town for the week.

~Galene
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/13/2013 06:42 PM CDT
Hurray for Cysaegir!
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/13/2013 07:07 PM CDT
Sounds interesting! Out of curiosity, will this be in Prime only, or will it also appear in Plat?

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/13/2013 07:18 PM CDT
This festival is for prime only. The aelotoi shop with the back pendants from the August contest will be opened for a time in plat, though!

~Galene
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/13/2013 07:51 PM CDT

We have a buncha persimmon trees on our farm and let me tell you its way too early to try eating them. You've got to wait till after the first frost. :)
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/13/2013 11:20 PM CDT
Don't worry, they won't be eating any under ripe persimmons! The fruits have astringent and non-astringent varieties, but the focus of this fest won't be on harvesting persimmon fruits, just celebrating the general autumn harvest.

I thought the persimmon tree would serve as a good overall symbol of bounty. The tree would be appreciated on Bre'Naere because the wood/fruit/flowers have a wide variety of uses, the trees are quick to grow and have a strong root system, and the fruit lasts quite a while when dried. Those qualities would definitely come in handy in the harsh environment they lived in before Elanthia.

~Galene
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/14/2013 08:31 AM CDT
Could I ask a question about the pronunciation for Cysaegir. My dwarven tongue twists to form the following pronunciation:

Cy -Sae - gir
Si (sigh) - say - gear

Is this correct?

-
Bremerial - Proud Citizen of Kharam-Dzu

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/14/2013 09:37 AM CDT
Former SGM Lyredaen wanted the pronunciation to be SIS-uh-geer. This is the way I still say it, and we consider this pronunciation to be the official version.

A long time ago, during a radio broadcast at Simucon, a couple of GMs called it KISS-uh-geer. I think some people still go with that version, though it's not the original pronunciation.

~Galene
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/14/2013 10:15 AM CDT
Another festival?! How do you GMs keep up?!

~ Inurtia Ayana Faendryl
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/14/2013 10:11 PM CDT
Inorite??

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he, himself, does not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil.
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/23/2013 12:05 PM CDT
Any chance we could get a teaser of some of the shops and dare I hope merchants will be coming to the festival? also inquiring minds would like to know if there will be anything focused on the citizens of Cysaegir? I only remember one citizen only event and because I don't have wings it didn't apply to me ;(

Anywho getting geeked up for the festival,

Archales
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/23/2013 02:43 PM CDT
>>Any chance we could get a teaser of some of the shops and dare I hope merchants will be coming to the festival? also inquiring minds would like to know if there will be anything focused on the citizens of Cysaegir? I only remember one citizen only event and because I don't have wings it didn't apply to me ;(

Ten new autumn-themed scents (including a few manly ones).

~ X.

---
A red-bearded bright green goblin begins to run around in circles faster and faster. When he stops suddenly, he begins to stagger around as if he had just gotten back from the Stone Eye.
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/25/2013 08:50 AM CDT
>>Ten new autumn-themed scents (including a few manly ones).

"Manly, yes - but I like it, too."
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/26/2013 04:55 PM CDT
This fest will likely be a bit smaller than some of the other ones you guys have seen, but it should still be fun!

This festival is geared more toward aelotoi, so I don't think there will be anything specifically citizen focused.

I will be raffling off a set of custom nail polish, and two signature verbs. And, I made an aelotian clothing shop with items for males and females, and also another shop with hair flowers.

We do have other merchants, raffles, and shops planned, but they'll have to post if they want to share anything! Otherwise, think of it as a surprise.

~Galene
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 08/27/2013 05:59 PM CDT
Perfume...Xayle you're killing me. Hairflowers? I am so there.

So many festivals this summer. You guys outdo yourselves. I have had such a great time.

~some little priestess
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/09/2013 06:26 PM CDT
Do you like raffles? How about this little item?

Speaking in Aelotian, Kynlee asks something you don't understand.

You attach an iridescent mother-of-pearl earcuff to your ear, and a feeling of understanding comes over you.

Speaking in Aelotian, Kynlee asks, "Don't you want to know what we're always saying?"

~~GM Kynlee~~
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/14/2013 12:25 PM CDT
omg! I covet that earcuff!!!!!!

Archales
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/18/2013 04:23 PM CDT
I'm a little irritated, but only a little, mind, that the light run of Coraesine is going on at the same time as this since I want to do both. Of course, my local Renn Faire starts Saturday too. It's going to be a busy week.
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/19/2013 02:03 PM CDT
when it rains it pours, but its always nice to have choices ;)

Archales
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/20/2013 07:55 AM CDT
So....

What time are the shops going to open? The usual 9 PM Elven?
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/20/2013 09:23 AM CDT
The fest and shops will be opening tonight right around 10 PM Eastern time!

~Galene
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/20/2013 11:22 AM CDT
Since we're feeling the spirit of teasers, how about this little tidbit that will be available in my upcoming Persimmon Festival shop?

>Kaelfin shows you a topaz-patterned sage green tunic secured with braided leather down the side, which he is holding in his right hand. The green tunic is crafted of wool, and the back appears to have a pair of slits.

1st Tier
Kaelfin slips on a topaz-patterned sage green tunic secured with braided leather down the side, shrugging a pair of slits in the wool around his glimmering topaz-veined wings.
Kaelfin slips off a topaz-patterned sage green tunic secured with braided leather down the side, shrugging a pair of slits in the wool from around his glimmering topaz-veined wings.
Kaelfin shrugs his shoulders, twisting slightly in the green tunic to adjust the fit of a pair of slits around his glimmering topaz-veined wings.

2nd Tier
Kaelfin passes his hand over his green tunic, smoothing out a wrinkle in the wool and folding his glimmering topaz-veined wings behind him.
Kaelfin tugs at his green tunic, twitching his glimmering topaz-veined wings as he settles the wool comfortably around him.

3rd Tier
Kaelfin folds his arms quietly, tapping one finger idly against the wool of his green tunic.
Kaelfin strikes a nonchalant pose, spreading his glimmering topaz-veined wings casually.

There are a few more tricks that they can do, but I wouldn't want to spoil all the surprises, right?

-KEIOS
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/20/2013 11:18 PM CDT
>>Since we're feeling the spirit of teasers, how about this little tidbit that will be available in my upcoming Persimmon Festival shop?

>>Kaelfin shows you a topaz-patterned sage green tunic secured with braided leather down the side, which he is holding in his right hand. The green tunic is crafted of wool, and the back appears to have a pair of slits.

Kaelfin is AWESOME. Thank you so much! I hope we'll see more of these, maybe at EG? Pretty please? Especially for more unlocking <drool>.

~Traiva and her Muse
Feel the Aelotoi Love!
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/21/2013 09:11 AM CDT
I've added a cart of scripted skirts and gowns to one of the rooms in Linsandrych Common! Zanthie will be around to alter stuff and unlock the gowns/skirts at some point, too!

<3

~Izzea
SGM Towns & Communities, like a boss.
Famous in Norway

Follow me on Twitter: @GSIzzea
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/21/2013 02:11 PM CDT
For anyone who's interested, I've got the beginnings of a page going at GSGuide. http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Persimmon_Festival_2013

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Persimmon Festival coming the 20th-27th of Imaerasta! 09/21/2013 05:10 PM CDT
And... corresponding with what Nilandia posted... here is my contribution: http://www.krakiipedia.org/w/images/7/77/Persimmon_Festival.pdf

>>We are the ones who will never be broken. With our final breath, we'll fight to the death. We are soldiers.