Imagine, if you will... 07/13/2012 01:11 AM CDT

...that you could create anything to do with Aeia. Anything at all. An item, an area, anything.

What would it be and why?

Or, if someone else was creating it, what would you want to see and why?

Go!

~ X.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 07/13/2012 02:14 AM CDT
A shrine of Aeia on the Dais in Illistim with the words "Elves Drool" written in gnomish on the base so that my gnome can pay his respects while he's away from home.

And now that I've got my yeaitsnevergonnahappenbutsurewouldbeawesomeforStarchitinsRP request out of the way, how about a a couple more constructive requests:

A while back I'd suggested that the spherical green sapphires you get occasionally from the shrine in RR be able to be used for a guaranteed deed regardless of level when used in the deed pool in RR since it's Aeia's garden you're helping with to get the deeds (the cost should even out since it's only one in every four or five sapphires that you offer to Aeia that are returned as spherical ones and they currently serve no purpose other then being a symbol of your devotion to Aeia).

I also think it would be awesome if there was a high end gem that critters in RR dropped called "Mother's Blessing Emerald" or "Heart of Aeia Sapphire" or somesutch.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 07/22/2012 09:43 PM CDT
Hmmm.. having now run across this, I shall have to think

Hmmmmmm...

So much festing though....
Re: Imagine, if you will... 07/25/2012 09:29 PM CDT
<A shrine of Aeia on the Dais in Illistim with the words "Elves Drool" written in gnomish on the base so that my gnome can pay his respects while he's away from home.

Moonstone Abbey recently uncovered a shrine of Aeia on the Abbey grounds just outside of the town of Illistim. It is open to the public for just such a need. You can find it by searching for the slender footpath in the northern part of the grove in front of Moonstone Abbey.

~Rivienne

"For what misfortune sows he knows my touch will reap" FA
Re: Imagine, if you will... 07/26/2012 01:12 AM CDT
<Moonstone Abbey recently uncovered a shrine of Aeia on the Abbey grounds just outside of the town of Illistim.>

But does it say "elves drool" on it?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 01/19/2013 09:15 PM CST

C'mon, guys. Show Aeia some love.

Still fishing for thoughts.

~ X.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 01/19/2013 09:47 PM CST
How about a garden area dedicated to Aeia tended by a local priest. The garden could feature plants and wildlife that have been touched by Aeia's presence.

It might be interesting to introduce a short storyline into the game where Aeia (or a representative) visits to dedicate the area (or fend off some evil threatening the area). Assuming success, those that participate might have an item in their posession touched by Aeia (Aeia scripty goodness for weapons or armor for those interested/dedicated to the cause).

-- Robert
Re: Imagine, if you will... 01/19/2013 10:00 PM CST
What about a special shell that drops only in the Rest area which acts like a clam. (VSA 1 item container). Upon opening the shell there may be nothing inside, or on occasion a pearl shaped like a calla lily, or a random gem either always shaped like a lily or shaped like various flora. It could be called the Aeia shell, with an attached lore that either finds it way to inhabitants (message in a bottle, pelican delivery, you get the idea) or could be worked into a mini storyline for the Rest.

~Niadja
Re: Imagine, if you will... 01/19/2013 10:19 PM CST
Turnip farm dedicated to Aeia.

Owned by me.

-farmer
Re: Imagine, if you will... 01/19/2013 11:37 PM CST
<How about a garden area dedicated to Aeia tended by a local priest. The garden could feature plants and wildlife that have been touched by Aeia's presence.>

This already exists IG, except it's a ghostly gardener, not a priest, that tends the garden. It's in Rivers Rest outside the Citadel and between the several rooms that comprise it you can forage almost all forageable items in the game. There's even a statue of Aeia and a shrine there.

It's excellent for getting foraging tasks for the Citadel area done without being harassed by critters.

Starchitin

Re: Imagine, if you will... 01/20/2013 08:15 AM CST
Thanks for this information. I am still fairly new to the Rest so haven't expolred it in as much detail as I would like to (yet).

-- Robert
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/13/2013 09:25 AM CST

>>How about a garden area dedicated to Aeia tended by a local priest. The garden could feature plants and wildlife that have been touched by Aeia's presence.

There's also a small shrine that anyone can visit by the cleric guild, which has a small altar with a sapling growing on it. It's attended regularly by a priest that waters it.

>>What about a special shell that drops only in the Rest area which acts like a clam. (VSA 1 item container).

This is an interesting idea in general. I like it.

>>Turnip farm dedicated to Aeia. Owned by me. -farmer

Negative, Ghost Rider. Aeia's root vegetable of choice is the sweet potato. She told me so.

I'm very fond, personally, of the Citadel garden shrine. It has all the seasons contained within one small area, and, as was already mentioned, almost very herb can be foraged for there. For a very long time, it was the only Aeia shrine.

~ X.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/20/2013 08:06 PM CST

I love that garden, and I often ask, maybe just to be a bit cocky because I also love the Rest.. but those that claim they know it so well usually get a question from me. That question is where does it snow In the Rest. I think maybe 2 have been able to answer it in many years.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/20/2013 08:20 PM CST

<...that you could create anything to do with Aeia. Anything at all. An item, an area, anything.>

I would create a pair of statues or outdoor mural that can be a holy place to both her and Kuon, The two pleasantly looking over a garden. Proper prayer or offerings for a particular plant or herb, could possibly yield a gift of that or any herb or plant that appears on the ground.

This would be particularly useful to those isolated on that isle that do not wish to travel for some plants, especially Ranger herbs for imbuing, or things for alchemy, etc.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/20/2013 08:38 PM CST
<I would create a pair of statues or outdoor mural that can be a holy place to both her and Kuon, The two pleasantly looking over a garden. Proper prayer or offerings for a particular plant or herb, could possibly yield a gift of that or any herb or plant that appears on the ground.>

There isn't this specifically, but if you offer a green sapphire to the Aeia statue outside the cleric's guild in RR, you sometimes get a gift from her (not an herb though).

Starchitin

Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/21/2013 04:58 PM CST
<There isn't this specifically, but if you offer a green sapphire to the Aeia statue outside the cleric's guild in RR, you sometimes get a gift from her (not an herb though)>

Yes I know that place, but its fairly specific in its purpose. Maybe just modify it then. The reason I say Kuon is he is basically the one that tends herbs, and that entire area is surrounded by herb gardens, and the two of them I would think would coexist very well. It would also justify bringing a way to get things on the island, even if its a once an hour thing, that you normally have to leave to get.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/22/2013 12:31 PM CST

I've seen several good ideas that I'm going to put on my special idea list for later use and abuse, but...

...think bigger.

I'm talking...PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER! itty bitty egg-shaped island.

Let me see if I can frame it. You win a raffle in which you get a blank slate of an area (we're talking multiple rooms) to paint and design. You, of course, being a devout Aeian, want to devote the area to her.

What kind of place is it? What kind of animals are there? Are they special? What about the plants? Any land structures? Are there buildings? What kind? Artifacts? What sort? Any "special features" you'd want to work in? Special features being described as magical stuffs or effects or messaging.

GO WILD.

~ X.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/22/2013 12:43 PM CST
<Special features being described as magical stuffs or effects or messaging.>

You mean like turning uncut emeralds into chrisms?

Starchitin

Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/22/2013 01:17 PM CST

Not exactly what I had in mind.

Less epic profit.

~ X.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/22/2013 04:43 PM CST
A jungle gym!

(runs!)

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/24/2013 02:19 PM CST

I always thought it would be interesting if the messaging within a place were affected by your deity alignment. So for example, those aligned with Lornon would get a different feeling in an Liabo area than those aligned with Liabo and vice versa.

You said think bigger....
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/25/2013 12:31 PM CST

That's an interesting idea. I like it.

More plz.

~ X.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/25/2013 05:25 PM CST
disclamer-- I spell badly!

A massive earthen mound stands out on the fringe of the beach. The lush jungle dark and deep behind it. The mound is surrounded by lush growth of a variety of plants ranging from species known in every garden across the lands, to plants even the most seasoned ranger would have to study to identify.

After some searching you find an entrance hidden by vines of wysteria, roses, ivy, honeysuckle and many other flowers then normally do not welomce to cohabitation.

Inside the mound you see a large statue of a beautiful human female with kind eyes, various lilies growing through the soft grass surrounding the statue.

You glance up and realize the ceiling is open allowing sun/moon to stream light down onto the statue and surrounding patch of grass.

looking around you see passages leading off to the north south east and west,

ranger sense-- you find the area is a cultivated and encompasses many seasons, you sense recently... a critter with the proper culture or climate to be a green eyed porcupine, a green eyed bobcat, etc k9, and a bird that can be sapphire green colored.

each room has a different set of cultures and terrain to cover 5 unique combinations,, Temperate and subterranean is a good one, it can yield a green eyed white wolf.

each room has its own descriptions and purpose. one being plants that are edible and scripted for both people, companions, familairs, and special pets like kittens, etc.. Another Every healing herb imaginable.. Another many of the Alchemy and Ranger imbue herbs and plants from all over the lands.

Finally, the last passage should be special. A place like no other in the land but does not extend beyond RR. Ideally Id like to see it lead to a place where capped critters lived, but she is a rather passive demi-god. The only way I could see that happening would be if you left her an offering, to allow passage to train and test yourself against the greatest foes so that you were prepared to defend against anything.

That being said and unlikely to happen, my next best suggestion would be create an area that with an offering allows one to earn some thing, a stone or whatever to transport that persons body back from over the bay to the commons. It would need to have a fail safe,, where on death you got a message like you have earned a favor with Aeia to bring your body home if you do not wish to use this favor type cancel {something} otherwise you will be transported back. If you choose not to use her favor.. (dunno save it or not? but one shold only be able to have one at a time no matter what)
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/26/2013 09:20 AM CST

>>GILBERTJ26

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Fantabulous.

~ X.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 02/26/2013 05:36 PM CST

<A jungle gym!>

Heh, that might be fun. Your pretty sharp at doing things mars,, Icemule could use a vamping on the penguin pool, could make it a ice rink where the penguin's play some form of hockey with you... Use the slide for a fast launch belly slides with a puck release it, and the penguines try and block it from going in there cave on the opposite end. Then they get ... Angry.. and retaliate trying to score with a cave under the slide. Nothin more fun then angry penguins!!!
Re: Imagine, if you will... 03/01/2013 01:54 AM CST

<Now that's what I'm talking about.>

well, since no other contributions have been made, I will add a couple things I left off the first post so it would not ramble too much..

I would put the mound on the lagoon beach inside the jungle,and so massive it reaches just over the tree tops. Perhaps the top visible from other high vantage points like the bank roof, or the tower and citadel roof. It should also have the random troll chief or grimswarm shaman coming to visit it an make his own prayers. The trolls may be primitive but they do have there own gods and seek G'bruk even if there lore does not use the same names for Arkati.

I would also add a method to climb, even if it took great skill to do, to the top of the mound and be able to look and observer the surrounding areas, and possibly be a safe haven point from invaders or fighting in the jungle. it may not be a place all can go an be safe, but for those able to make the climb it would be.

Id also like to add one more suggestion to one or any of the rooms, fishing bait like worms, grubs, etc maybe even somewhere Sal might be found searching for bait to fish with.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 03/01/2013 01:34 PM CST

Fishing is a whole different can of worms!

~ X., punny.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 03/02/2013 07:29 PM CST

Hook, line and sinker..
Re: Imagine, if you will... 03/05/2013 01:09 PM CST

hmmm... having had the craziest February, beyond imagination even... really... I might spend some time pondering this, even if it is late
(and Oh it had NOTHING to do with the Whiners mess)
Re: Imagine, if you will... 03/07/2013 08:26 PM CST

Heh, had another thought on this, if the beach in the jungle isnt a good place for it or add to the beach mound.

Same mound same etc, but more of a Giant Earthen mound that is a floating island in the bay, it moves around, and then it can have more rooms. Or changed where one or more are inside the island,same hidden flora entrance, but add one with a much harder access underwater. Like a beaver dam, once inside its nice and cozy and can have say a muskrat,, that runs round town for a while and collects small acorns and piles them in there. One could always find the isle by following a stray bee from the hive in town that heads out there to pollinate. Maybe even a wild be hive that you can gather honey from in a jar. The flavor of the honey changing with the blooms of the season.

The primary reason I thought about the floating one;

Its not so much Aeia to be on water, but it is her to protect her plants an the town. A floating island would never be floodable, this the forces of nature, Charl, or otherwise would till allow her to offer a safe haven for her plants, critters and those able to reach the island in dire times. Otherwise all the same, Still visible from high points, perhaps another way to spot where its at currently, still offers the same as before, if not more.
Re: Imagine, if you will... 03/08/2013 01:25 PM CST

It's "Aeia" to be everywhere.

~ X.