What is known about Aeia? 04/04/2012 01:59 PM CDT
In my recent research the following documents have surfaced - I share them here for other interested scholars and suggest that if anyone is aware of other sources of information they add them.

AEL

http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/deities/aeia.asp

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Embroidered_green_silk_scarf

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Aeia_and_the_Tiger_Lilies

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/The_Blessing_Tree

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Aeia_question_and_answer
Re: What is known about Aeia? 04/06/2012 06:57 PM CDT

When I started digging through my book collection, I stumbled onto this gem! Thought it fitting to share it here.

You glance down to see a celadon lily-enamelled book in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

A delicately carved lily blossom of flawless white chalcedony has been set into the pale green ora cover. Glimmering mother-of-pearl edges each petal, and more mother-of-pearl inlay has been used for the graceful script flowing across the ora beneath the chalcedony lily. The inlaid lettering reads, "Aeia, Lady of the World: The Mother Through the Eyes of Her Children, by Kylaeh Shaidwyn and Eairus Drakonen". The rest of the smooth celadon ora is free of any adornment except for its own polished gleam.

You open the lily-enamelled book and eagerly read the pages within.

"We can feel Her in the earth, we can hear Her in the air, we can sense Her in the sea, and we know Her in our souls. As Her sons and daughters call out, so stirs the Mother in the hearts of Her children."

Few scholars have delved into the mystery that is Aeia, the Mother, and explanations of her nature are given chiefly by storytellers and elders of the town which most lovingly claims Her: River's Rest.

As a result, tales of Aeia vary and opinions over their truth fluctuate from the cries of avid dissenters to the whispers of the devout. Like many before us and surely those that will come after, we offer a view different from some of the old tales. Illistim's libraries house the oldest tomes that contain accounts of Aeia and her worshipers. She is recounted as "the earth mother," the very world upon which we live. It is in this vein that we proceed.

"As children at our Mother's knee, we live in awe of Your wonder and Your beauty...As brother and sister, we serve only You, walking upon the Path which You set for us."

Aeia's following is concentrated around River's Rest, though there are surely those that know Her beyond the Citadel's watchful gaze. The small physical stature of the Rest and the stay-at-home nature of most of its inhabitants explains the lack of shrines devoted to Her outside the Rest. Within the Rest itself there are two shrines to Aeia, one being a lily-covered altar and statue near the Rest's cleric guild and the other being the Citadel garden or fondly, the Gardens.

The Gardens are quite the experience for travelers as well as citizens of the Rest. Upon entering, walking the crushed stone path, the scent of herbs and flowers is pervasive as the seasons unfold in mere steps as the pathway leads through areas of stifling heat and cacti into those with the chill of winter and grass dusted with snow. A diversity of trees thrive there as well, tall oaks and shorter fruit varieties, low shrubs and evergreens.

All life throughout the garden is fed from a pool that lies at its heart. Water lilies dot the surface of the crystalline water which seems to flow from the foot of a statue carved in the likeness of Aeia.

"Like a Mother always is to her Child...wrapped in beauty, full of grace...the hand that comforts, the voice that guides...the reason for a heartbeat, the essence of the world."

In the walking of the Gardens, Aeia's nature began to become clearer. All seasons accounted for, all manner of greenery and wildlife thriving... It is so uncommon a thing to find all in one and for that reason, we began to search for an explanation. Consulting older followers, we found their stories wanting and turned to look within ourselves. At first alone, then together, our prayers were met with increasing response until at last we found our truth laid out before us.

With a voice so soft, we heard Her words, Her whispers and they opened our eyes to the flows of mana about us, within us, joining us to every living thing. There was a heartbeat. It echoed. And we knew. Within each of us the Mother dwells, as surely as we live and breathe, and it is Her spirit within the very earth that makes all things possible.

Our objective has been to provide a better understanding of the Mother. Devoted to Aeia, we have dedicated ourselves to the worship of the Mother as we find the old tomes suggest and as we have seen is worthy of Her. Our search for the truths we hold dearly has been long, but having knelt in Her presence, we are able to stand firm in the power of our experiences. Peaceful is the path we walk and our actions are tempered with Her gentle strength.

Above all other things, we wish to convey the Mother's love of Her children and Her nurturing presence. May the peace we discovered in Her and all that we have written in these pages find you well. May Aeia keep you.
Always.
Re: What is known about Aeia? 04/06/2012 09:35 PM CDT
Thank you for sharing this!
Re: What is known about Aeia? 04/09/2012 10:32 PM CDT
First off, I want to say thank you to all who have been kind enough to share what they know of the Mother. Unfortunately not much is known, but what is known is very beautiful and inspiring. My little quest to learn more of the Mother has so far been very tedious with the paths seemingly going in circles. But what I have learned is wonderfull to say the least, and I wouldn't have learned these things if it were not for you...the players who have safeguarded and shared your knowledge. I can only hope that the unveiling of this knowledge will continue and inspire Her following to grow like the little buds that turn out to be large beautiful flowers.

~Pastor Bellethiel, Cleric of Lorminstra and Ta'Vaalor
Strategic planning is worthless -- unless there is first a strategic vision.

- John Naisbitt
Re: What is known about Aeia? 04/10/2012 08:30 AM CDT
There are some slow burning projects which will really expand the knowledge of Aeia and offer a little more in the ways of in-game presence.

My own project on this matter is behind my Voln Monastery Expansion Project Phase II (for those of you following that - you know how slow going that's been!).

BUT, someday, there will be more lore about Aeia out there. :)

GM Scribes
Re: What is known about Aeia? 04/10/2012 06:00 PM CDT
Wahoo! for both projects

~Pastor Bellethiel, Cleric of Lorminstra and Ta'Vaalor
Strategic planning is worthless -- unless there is first a strategic vision.

- John Naisbitt